We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How's the road to Punta Allen

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Maine
Level Contributor
9 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
How's the road to Punta Allen

I want to drive down to Punta Allen in early April and was wonder how it would be. Also are there any things we should check out on the way? Thanks

Denver, Colorado...
2 posts
Save Reply
21. Re: How's the road to Punta Allen

I am past the time frame on the question. For future readers, Puna Allen is the best I have seen. I was there last August. This road from Tulum to Punta Allen is the worst I have seen in my travels, but brings great memories for years ahead. It is full of potholes, you can't speed more than 20 mph. If you are an open minded traveler, take it as a "Mayan massage" while driving. Along the road, it is the most beautiful isolated beach strip, until you reach Puna Allen. After two hours, it pays your effort to reach this fishing village where you can eat fresh lobster just out of the water. There are a few restaurants and small hotels. There is no paved streets here, its all sand beach, four streets parallel to the beach and eight across. It is the perfect paradise post-card to stay there. I hope, local goverment never fix this road, leave it as it is. If this road would be fixed, kiss good-bye to this pristine unspoiled beach fronts and welcome high traffic, more hotels, more trash and more micky-mouse tourists. This road is better for those who dare to challenge off the beathen path destinations and respect local cultures as well as rich natural locations. Just do it, visit it and enjoy it at its best.

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
43,824 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: How's the road to Punta Allen

I dont recall where but I read recently, they will not be doing any paving due to ecology concerns in the biosphere. To me, good news.

New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Tulum
Level Contributor
6,037 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: How's the road to Punta Allen

Good news all around!

24. Re: How's the road to Punta Allen

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:18 am, October 06, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Tulum