We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vive Riviera Maya Subdivision

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Boise, Idaho
Level Contributor
62 posts
82 reviews
Save Topic
Vive Riviera Maya Subdivision

Just wondering if anyone has any info on the subdivision "Vive Riviera Maya", it's actually located in Chemuyil, but I'm hoping to get more help on this forum.

I bought a lot 2 yrs ago and it seems there is not a lot of building going on? Any idea why?

Also, what about the airport construction? Anything new there?

Maple Valley...
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: Vive Riviera Maya Subdivision

We bought a lot there also, with the plan of building in a few more years. I am going down next month to meet with some people building on a jungle lot in a different subdivision. I want to get started on the process, get local contacts, and find out how to go about things. Meanwhile, I have to go and pay the predial anyway. Have you found a way to do this remotely - Without having to go down in person?

Akumal, Mexico
Level Contributor
1 post
60 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Vive Riviera Maya Subdivision

I am a Realtor in Akumal, I own Akumal Investments. I would like to sell some of the lots to my clients, but cannot get any return calls or information.

Would you share with me who you purchased from and how to contact them?

Did you buy from a Realtor or the developer? From reading the posts, you guys must have title since you need to pay your taxes. Has anyone tried to get a building permit?

You can email me at: Russ@marmx.com if you chose.

Montreal
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Vive Riviera Maya Subdivision

Hi, I'm also a owner of a lot, anobody has any information about what's going on down there, we should talk and get toghether.

Boise, Idaho
Level Contributor
62 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Vive Riviera Maya Subdivision

Hi Steph1010,

When did you buy your lot? I bought mine in 2008 hoping there would be a little more progress on the development, but it's still pretty sparse as far as buildings. I keep waiting to get some information on when the electricity and water will be completed, but have still not heard anything. I spoke with my realtor down there recently and she said the developer HAS to finish them or he can be sued.

Anyone else have any input?

Montreal
3 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Vive Riviera Maya Subdivision

Hi Kathi, I bought it in 2009 and that's right there's not much going on. The developer has to do it but he doesn't feel any pressure, that's why i think we should try to get all the owners toghether and put some pressure on them. I know some other owners as well.

Boise, Idaho
Level Contributor
62 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Vive Riviera Maya Subdivision

Sounds great! Count me in!

Onanole, Canada
Level Contributor
6 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Vive Riviera Maya Subdivision

Hi,

I too have a lot in the Vives Riviera Maya subdivision.

There has been VERY little progress since I purchased in 2009.

Although it is written in our contract that electricity will be provided up to the edge of each individual lot, I see NO SUCH THING!!!

I have a sneaking suspicion that the Vives corporation will wait until they have sold their last lot, shuffle all the money "off shore".... and then file for bankruptcy.

We need to band together, hire a lawyer and put some SERIOUS pressure on them before they sell off the final lots (by then it will be too late)

We will also want to get together and see about COLLECTIVELY hiring some sort of security at the front gates.

No one will want to invest $100,000 in building if everything will get looted the week after you leave town!

Franklin PA
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Vive Riviera Maya Subdivision

I was thinking about buying a lot there.At least up until I read these posts. Do you really think it's a scam?

Onanole, Canada
Level Contributor
6 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Vive Riviera Maya Subdivision

No, Our lawyer says everything checks out. (but our lawyer also told us that Alfonzo says to have recently sold the last lot).

I'm sure you can buy one privately...

Franklin PA
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Vive Riviera Maya Subdivision

Alfonzo? Who is Manuel? My realtor talks about Manuel being a personal friend of his, and "marketing his land." I figured that he was the owner of the Vive Riviera.

Get answers to your questions about Tulum