We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bedbugs in Tulum

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Iowa
Level Contributor
519 posts
130 reviews
Save Topic
Bedbugs in Tulum

I just read a review that a guest had bedbugs from one of the hotels on the strip in Tulum-it has been confirmed by the heath department in the US-they are positive and they did not stay at another hotel before they left the US. Anyone else having this problem?

This will destroy the business on the beach-every hotel must have a mattress in plastic-bedbugs live in the mattress and you can bring them home from your vacation.

Sorry, this is true I regret having to report.

Davie, Florida
Level Contributor
11,187 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bedbugs in Tulum

bed bugs havent hurt new yorks business so doubt it will hurt tulums.

MA
Level Contributor
416 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bedbugs in Tulum

What hotel?

Iowa
Level Contributor
519 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bedbugs in Tulum

Until you bring them home to your house-then you will have a problem.

Houston
Level Contributor
93 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bedbugs in Tulum

I guess they're out there somewhere. I've been staying at Copal and Azulik every year for 12 years and have never encountered any.

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
5,626 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bedbugs in Tulum

Why would a US agency know or care about bed bugs in Mexico????

Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
1,309 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bedbugs in Tulum

I don't really understand your post despite reading it a few times. These bedbug posts get my attention because we got them a few years back (long before the epidemic). I suspect that we got them on vacation in the Caribbean but i never accused the hotel we stayed at because the truth is that you can pick them up anywhere, a theater, mall, suitcase transfer at the airport etc. It's very difficult to tell how you got them. your best defense is to inspect a room prior to bringing luggage inside and clean your laundry as soon as you get home (all of it, clean and dirty) in hot water. also, like another poster said, NYC isn't suffering in tourism and it's the so-called epicenter of the problem.

7. Re: Bedbugs in Tulum

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, February 03, 2012