We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

El Dorado Royale

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
TORONTO, ONT
Level Contributor
118 posts
Save Topic
El Dorado Royale

Does anyone know if the new restaurant is open yet and when they expect La Ilsa to reopen?

Is the fact that things are not open due to new construction or recovery from the hurricane.

Any news on the food poisoning incidents would be appreciated.

barrie
Level Contributor
69 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: El Dorado Royale

Don't forget to go into other forums to get information moose. I've been trying to find out the same info on the Playa del Carmen forum. I thought I saw the menu for new years at La Isla restaurant on their web site.

Winston-Salem, NC
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: El Dorado Royale

La Isla is open. We just got back on 12/30/05. ALso the new restaurant is not opened yet. Not sure when. I did not hear anything about the food poisoning incident while we were there. The food was great. Very limited room service menu.

NYC, NY
10 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: El Dorado Royale

Just got back for EDR and had a great time. The food was good especially at the Mexican and Asian resturants. I also heard that the meat was not good but as a non meat eater I couldn't say. They set up a very nice buffet lunch which helped cut down on time to spend waiting to eat. A real tip is to go to the health food bar...the food is great their although it takes time.

6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: El Dorado Royale

Thanks for the info NYCatfan. We are leaving for EDR on Jan. 5 and were worried that La Isla restaurant would not be open.