We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Going to Adventura palace tomorrow, please give me some...

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Tulum hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Mississippi Gulf...
Level Contributor
2 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Going to Adventura palace tomorrow, please give me some...

Hi!

We have never been to mexico, and we are so lost. In relation to our hotel, how far is a nice beach? What about shopping? Is the hotel in a remote area, by itself? What is there to do around there? Any advice would help! We leave at 8:40 in the morning, so please respond. Thanks all!

Lincoln, Nebraska
Level Contributor
59 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Going to Adventura palace tomorrow, please give me some...

We really didn't leave ASP that much, but we did go to Playa Del Carmen. I think it's like 15 minutes from ASP. It has shopping (5th Avenue). The shuttle will drop you off and you walk up to it. It will pick you up, too. However, it would've forced us to be there longer than we wanted, so we just got a taxi. Its streets are lined with shops and the streets are shut down to traffic. We never went over to the beach there, but heard good things. We were tired and hot from all the walking. Oh and people will notice your armbands from the Palace Resorts and think you're rich, So they will try to strike up a conversation with you and get you to buy timeshares, keep walking. We never even said no thanks. They'll waste your vaction time.

Before you go, figure out what you want according to what is in the gift shop at ASP. Same stuff at 5th Avenue pretty much... So look there first. Their prices were better much of the time and they wrapped the stuff up really great, which I was worried about of course. But 5th Avenue has some different clothing places and other stuff.

The only other time we went out was for Chichen Itza. I'd skip that and go to Tulum if you're wanting to see ruins. They're much closer so you won't waste a day on a bus AND there is a beach. A friend of mine went and their pictures are so beautiful!

I know Puerto Aventuras is a town around ASP so maybe you should post on that board or search on that board. I guess they have shops, restaurants, dolphin swim, fishing stuff, etc.... But I am no help there. There's plenty to do at ASP we never did all we wanted to do.

If they still offer the kitchen tour, it was only one day a week I think. Definitely do that. It doesn't take much time and it was pretty cool.

Have fun. I'm soooo jealous.