We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Aventura Spa Palace Xel-ha

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Michigan
8 posts
Save Topic
Aventura Spa Palace Xel-ha

We'rs staying at the ASP in mid-december and were wndering how far away Xel-ha is from it. Is Xcaret closer?

Portland, OR
Level Contributor
443 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Aventura Spa Palace Xel-ha

Hello,

Both are about 15-20 minutes from ASP, but in different directions. We've been to Xel-ha before and it was absolutely wonderful! I've heard Xcaret is also very good though.

btw, we'll be at ASP from 12/10-12/17... when are you going to be there?

Michigan
8 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Aventura Spa Palace Xel-ha

We are going to be there 12/16-12/23. We are getting married on the 20th.

Richardson, Texas
Level Contributor
37 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Aventura Spa Palace Xel-ha

Hey-

We'll be there 12/11 through 12/18 and we're getting married on 12/14 at the resort! We all need to get together for a drink and celebrate!

Portland, OR
Level Contributor
443 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Aventura Spa Palace Xel-ha

Hey, sounds good Ashton... I'd be happy to buy you both a drink;)

Iowa
Level Contributor
119 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Aventura Spa Palace Xel-ha

Hey sterling...congrats on the wedding. I will be arriving at asp on dec. 23 - 28. I have been to x caret....in fact, I stayed at their resort and loved it. the park is very cool and after the hurricane, i have wondered about their millions of butterflies in the park. I recommend x caret highly, if it is open. again...congrats!

Little Rock...
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Aventura Spa Palace Xel-ha

Hey Sterling and Ashton, we too are getting married at the ASP on 12/26. Our stay is from 12/22 to 12/31. Are you all getting hair and makeup done at the ASP for the big day? What time of day are ya'll getting married? Any tips for a wedding at the ASP? We're SO excited!

Richardson, Texas
Level Contributor
37 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Aventura Spa Palace Xel-ha

We're getting married at 4pm on the 14th. I'm planning on getting my hair and makeup done by their people. I'll probably do a trail run as well just to make sure I like their work. Not sure what tips I can give until after the wedding is over, so I'll try and right a review or answer any other specific questions on here as soon as we get back on the 18th. What I can tell you right now is that we're getting the "free wedding package" and adding on photo option A, video, horse drawn carriage, 3 flower arrangements, cake, and the negatives for the photos. At least that's the game plan until we meet up with the coordinator down there. Congrats on your wedding as well and good luck!

Little Rock...
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Aventura Spa Palace Xel-ha

Ashton, do please let us know how everything turns out after the wedding (I'd love to see photos). We too are getting married at 4 p.m., figuring that will be a calm and gorgeous time for photos (sunset and all). Doing a trial run on hair and makeup is an excellent idea; I think I'll do the same. I know a couple who were married at the Aventura last summer and they didn't have a thing to complain about. Best blessings to you all as well!

Richardson, Texas
Level Contributor
37 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Aventura Spa Palace Xel-ha

Legaleagle-

I'll get your email address when we get back and send you some photos and let you know about everything from start to finish. 13 days and counting! WOOHOO!!

Iowa
Level Contributor
119 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Aventura Spa Palace Xel-ha

I am excited for both of you! I hope the weather is perfect, too. I may even get to see Legal get hitched! I was trying to attach a picture of your potential bridesmaids but could not figure it out.

congratulations!