We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just recieved email from BAHIA PRINCIPE

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Newfoundland
6 posts
Save Topic
Just recieved email from BAHIA PRINCIPE

Due to the problems with the lines we answer your emails from our Head Office in Spain. We would like to inform you that the structure of our hotel buildings are prepared to resist hurricanes of up to a degree of 5, that is why our guests remained during the pass of the Hurricane in their rooms provided with food and basic services.

Today I can inform you that our Hotel suffered minimum damages around the gardens and the beach but the rooms are all right and our clients safe. Moreover, our Restaurants are opened and the Hotel has electricity, so our clients can feel comfortable. Regarding telephone lines, as they don't depend on us we cannot confirm when they will work again.

Please don't hesitate to contact us for any further information you should require.

Best regards,

Evelyn Barba

Assistant Director of Marketing

BAHIA PRINCIPE CLUBS & RESORTS

Plaza Mediterráneo, 5

07014 Palma de Mallorca

Tel: +34 971 22 13 10

Fax: +34 971 73 16 94

ebarba@bahia-principe.com

www.bahia-principe.com

Kulpmont...
Level Contributor
129 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Just recieved email from BAHIA PRINCIPE

Sounds encouraging,we were due there for 7 days starting 11/15. We are just waiting to here what Apple Vacations has to say. Keeping our fingers crossed. We don't want to re-book to another location. Hoping for the best for all!!

Ottawa, Ontario
7 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Just recieved email from BAHIA PRINCIPE

Yeah, I got a similar e-mail from Evelyn. They only saw offshore winds, which cut down the damage significantly. They also didn't see the storm surge that Cancun did. Basically, nowhere near the damage caused by Emily. I would still like to see some pictures of the resort though, but I am sure that they will appear in the coming days.

3. Re: Just recieved email from BAHIA PRINCIPE

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:18 pm, October 24, 2005