We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Holly, Hows Eldorado Seaside?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Tulum hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
284 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Holly, Hows Eldorado Seaside?

Holly,

Any information on the Eldorado Seaside... I'm not sure as to how far away it is from you and if it has sustained alot of damage as it is so close to the ocean.

We aren't supposed to be heading down till the begining of January so not freaking out yet!

I hope that you and your family and friends are all doing well, our thoughts and best wishes for the people down there.

London, United...
Level Contributor
4,497 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Holly, Hows Eldorado Seaside?

Thanks for your thoughts, I have been informed that all of our staff is fine.

I am out of the country, and the only report I have received so far is from our GM regarding our three hotels. I will post as soon as I have more information. Communication has not been easy, I received a quick email and that has been it so far.

I will make additional posts as soon as I have further information.

London, United...
Level Contributor
4,497 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Holly, Hows Eldorado Seaside?

Forgot to answer your question...El Dorado is just a bit north of Akumal, which is about a half hour north of Tulum on the main highway.

Rapid City, SD
5 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Holly, Hows Eldorado Seaside?

Any news on the Catalonia Riveria Maya? We are leaving the 22nd of November for a week and are anxious to find out any information. It is close to Puerto Adventuras. Thanks for any input.

Coos Bay, Oregon
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Holly, Hows Eldorado Seaside?

Just found this on the ESS website:

El Dorado Seaside Suites

First Impact assessment: NO STRUCTURAL DAMAGE HAS OCCURRED. Several villas are flooded (first floors only). Both pools are filled with sand, and large parts of the hotel grounds are covered with sand and debris. The thatched roof Beach palapas and the Guacamayas lounge have been damaged.

Estimated opening date: Due to the fact that no structural damage has occurred, the current estimated opening date is November 08, 2005. The hotel will be closed for arrivals before this date.

You can read it yourself at: http://www.karismahotels.com/huracan.html

We are supposed to go there Nov 11th!! Lets hope we can make it!!

Van Nuys, California
4 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Holly, Hows Eldorado Seaside?

Nov 8th huh? good news. We are going (hope hope) from the 10-15! We already had to cancell and rebook due to Emily! Talk about luck. Let's just hope our new marriage isn't this windy! lol.

Best of luck to everyone.

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
284 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Holly, Hows Eldorado Seaside?

tc bel and others

Thank you for the update - hopefully they won't find any structual damage in the following days to come. I look forward to hearing from all of you on your return from EDSS.

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
284 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Holly, Hows Eldorado Seaside?

Holly,

Thanks so much for your information, I know it must be terribly hard to communicate. We appreciate all information that you have been able to forward to us.