We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Damage Bahia Principe Tulum

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Tulum hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Edmonton, AB Canada
Level Contributor
275 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Damage Bahia Principe Tulum

If anybody has heard anything on the damage to Bahia Principe Tulum, please post it. I'm leaving for my wedding on November 27, and I'm FREAKING out. I know after Emily it was up and running after 2 weeks, I just hope the same will be said about Wilma.

Sheffield, UK
Level Contributor
1,874 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
71. Re: Damage Bahia Principe Tulum

any new info on the BP? Pictures even?

Edmonton, AB Canada
Level Contributor
275 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
72. Re: Damage Bahia Principe Tulum

I haven't heard anything new. I leave on November 27, and I'm praying that everything will be OK. Sunquest (my tour operator) has there first flight down there on November 11, so we'll see how the updates go after that.

midwest
Level Contributor
72 posts
1 review
Save Reply
73. Re: Damage Bahia Principe Tulum

My boyfriend just called the Bahia Tulum directly and they say they will be FULLY FUNCTIONAL by THIS WEEKEND. They also said the Tulum ruins weren't damaged, so they are still open.

I hope this helps...we'll be there on the 16th!! Less than two weeks...woo hoo!

Canterbury, CT
Level Contributor
333 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
74. Re: Damage Bahia Principe Tulum

We're going to the Bahia 11/9-19 and it appears that they've managed to complete repairs and work on the condition of the beach enough to accept visitors. The Apple Vacations website has wonderful after-Wilma pictures for most of the resorts in Tulum. Except for the palm trees lacking many of their palms, the places look really great! Go to the Apple Vacations site, click on the Hurricane Wilma update mid-page. Click on Photo Gallery and up will pop a list of resorts - click on each individual one to see pictures.