We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tour Recommendations Help

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
183 posts
192 reviews
Save Topic
Tour Recommendations Help

Wife and I are heading to Club Maeva Tulum in a week and have red many of the comments on this forum. Thanks to everyone who had provided comments and info. Looking for recommendations on some of the tours or activities available outside of the resort.

We are very interested in seeing some of the ruins (Coba & Tulum) ad looking for recommendations on whether we should purchase the tour package from the travel reps at the hotel or take a collectivo or a cab ourselves?

We would also like to go spend a day riding doing quads and wondered if there was a place to do that near Tulum?

Finally, we are planning to do our shopping in Playa Del Carmen and Cozumal. Any recommendations on great shopping spots and how much of the original asking price should we target when bartering for items?

Any thoughts?

Mystic Adventure
Sightseeing Tours, 4WD, ATV & Off-Road Tours
Xtour
Cultural Tours, 4WD, ATV & Off-Road Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Archaeology Tours, City Tours
Calgary,Alberta
Level Contributor
59 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tour Recommendations Help

Depends on how you want to do things...I took a cab to the Tulum ruins (6.00) it is only a morning thing, not as big as coba. Coba is big and there are a few different tours to take..this one I would book at your hotel. The quads, there is a place at the Sunscape tulum called Huracan Tours..they offer horseback tours and quad tours, book through your hotel or email them, address the email to DEBORAH (huracantours@hotmail.com) tell her Mario's Karen said to email. As for Playa, 5th ave is the trendy spot to go but very expensive!!! Look around first before get the different prices and then go from there.I found that it depended on how much they wanted to make the sale, usually they went down about 10.00. Smaller towns (Tulum, Puerto Morerols ) have some of the same items for a lot less. I got a 150.00 silver bracelet in tulum for 35.00. Xcaret is another great thing to do, they have the best night show. This is an all day thing, book through hotel.