We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bahia Principe Tulum - Just got my holiday cancelled!

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Surrey, UK
Level Contributor
55 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Bahia Principe Tulum - Just got my holiday cancelled!

Hi

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but I'm from the UK and just got my holiday to the Bahia Principe Tulum from 9-16 Oct cancelled by my tour operator. Apparently there is "extensive building work being carried out". A bit disappointed but seems its turned out for the best as now staying in Cancun for cheaper at a nicer hotel!

Might be worth checking with your operator if you're going shortly? Couldnt understand it myself with the reviews saying all was well. Maybe the works are scheduled and arent connected to the hurricane emily damage?

Boris

Surrey, UK
Level Contributor
55 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Bahia Principe Tulum - Just got my holiday cancelled!

sms321

How did you get on with your tour operator?

Hope you still manage to go to the BPT!

Boris

North Wales
3 posts
Save Reply
22. Re: Bahia Principe Tulum - Just got my holiday cancelled!

Hi Boris,

We contacted Airtours & our travel agent twice over the weekend, and they have assured us that there is no building work being carried out which will have any affect on our holiday. Apparently by law, the company has to inform you. There are some notes about building work being carried out on the Akumal side of the hotel, but nothing major. In addition I have emailed the hotel and received the following reply.

First of all thank you for chosing Bahía Príncipe Hotels & Resorts to spend your vacations with us. About your question, yes it is true that some constructions are taking part at specific parts of the Hotel, but it doesn´t interfere with your rest and vacation.

Best regards,

Public Relations Executive

Bahía Príncipe Tulum

México

So we are not to worried, does'nt sound as extensive as Thomas Cook have made out. Sounds a little suspicous.

Hope you have a great time at your alternative hotel Boris.

C M
Burlington, Ontario
Level Contributor
117 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: Bahia Principe Tulum - Just got my holiday cancelled!

That is strange - we just returned from this resort last week. We did see construction - right behind the Club Hacienda section of the resort - and they would work until 9 p.m. at night - Sunday was the only day they didn't work. The only time you could actually hear noise from this was when you were walking by otherwise you may not have known construction was going on. All was well at the resort otherwise and we had a fabulous vacation.

Surrey, UK
Level Contributor
55 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: Bahia Principe Tulum - Just got my holiday cancelled!

Thanks sms321, you have a good time too. Last time I book with Thomas Cook! Grrrrrrrrrr. Fingers crossed we'll see some sun and not rain all the time like others have suffered. Starting to think I should have booked to go to Butlins!!

Boris :0)

25. Re: Bahia Principe Tulum - Just got my holiday cancelled!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:43 pm, March 06, 2009
England
Level Contributor
12 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
26. Re: Bahia Principe Tulum - Just got my holiday cancelled!

Hi Boris,

Came back last week 28th Oct, there is work going on. There will be a lot more work going on now after the hurricane, it damaged quite a bit of it, the restaurants, theatres. It is a fantastic place too. Unfortunately we had to return by an emergency evacuation on the day after we were due home.

Sorry to hear yours is cancelled. My original hotel was cancelled Viva Wyndham Azteca and I was replaced with the Bahia Principe Akumal (Premier). Very Nice.

Regards,

Suzy