We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Swim up casitas at El Dorado Royale?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Tulum hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Washington DC...
Level Contributor
49 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Swim up casitas at El Dorado Royale?

We have booked a casita at EDR in November. Do we have to specify a swim-up casita? Where are those located in the resort (i.e. are they the farthest ones down etc)? Is it really worth it or are the regular casitas nicer? We stayed in a regular casita 3 years ago and were pretty happy with it.

Kansas
Level Contributor
196 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Swim up casitas at El Dorado Royale?

You do have to specifiy a swim-up casita and there is an additional cost to this from a regular casita. We stayed in room 2718 with was a single casita, not a swim-up from Sept 1-10th. The swim up casitas where in the 2800 section. The 2800 and 2900 sections are the farthest away from everything else. The 2900's are located near the construction where they are building the new presidential suites. We met a couple who paid for a swim-up, but was originally put in our room. After their first night, they where moved to a swim-up and we ended up in their room upon arrival. They said the only difference between the two rooms where, one theirs was no longer a single building, ie. there was someone on top of them, and two when you walk out of the back door, the water is literally right there. Mind you it is only a foot or two deep, but gets deeper as you wind your way to the pool located in that casita section. Therefore, you can "swim" to the pool bar. So if you want to pay extra to float to your bar from your porch then ok. Otherwise you have to walk about 10 feet to the bar. Also, not all regular casitas are single buildings. We just got lucky on this one since we wanted a single building or a second floor. I'm sure our view from a second floor would have been better, but I like being able to walk out of the back of our room to the closest beach bed or bar.

new york
Level Contributor
150 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Swim up casitas at El Dorado Royale?

I agree with Kelly, we were there in late August and stayed in a regular casita. It was beautiful. We were on the second floor and had an amazing view of the ocean. We were literally one minute from the pool. We did go look at the swim up casitas and they looked the same except for the being able to swim right to the bar. Not worth it in our minds. Just as an aside we stayed in the section of the casitas that had the pool bar that was open till 11pm. This was great as we liked to go to dinner and then come back and go into the pool. I can't remember now if it's the 2500's or the 2600's though.

sandiego
8 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Swim up casitas at El Dorado Royale?

You should book a swim up casita- the Sports ILL. models will be there in November & your husband deserves to get the best view possible on his vacation... So splurge 7 get a swim up casita where he can interact with the guests too. Since they are all staying in Casitas too!