We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

For Those who just returned from Riveria Maya

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
PA
Level Contributor
45 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
For Those who just returned from Riveria Maya

How was the weather? Some reports say it rains every day?? Is this true? Or scattered? I know though it will be VERY HOT! Which is ok with me.

Bethesda, Maryland
Level Contributor
194 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: For Those who just returned from Riveria Maya

Zora, dear, you must chill out. From all your different postings, I am concerned that you are so worried about your vacation that you are going to have an ulcer before you go. Just assume that you will be in a gorgeous place with palm trees and a beautiful blue sea, where other people bring you food and drink all day long, and neither one of you has to cook or shop or do laundry or pay bills or go to work or answer e-mail or answer the phone for a week. You will have a great time.

Yes, it will be hot. It might rain some. It might not. Could be a hurricane, but not likely. No one can tell you what it is going to be like two weeks from now, and unless you plan on cancelling your trip, it doesn't much matter. Either way, pack sunscreen, bug stuff, and, if you like, an umbrella. Check the weather two days before you leave. It will still say high 90s and possible rain every day.

Marie

Grand Rapids, MI
7 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: For Those who just returned from Riveria Maya

We came back on Friday night and it was nice the whole time we were there. It rained once for 5 mins. and another time for less than 2 mins. Other than that it was sunny-partly cloudy.

PA
Level Contributor
45 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: For Those who just returned from Riveria Maya

Thanks Everyone for The Posts (Especially Marie!) I know i ask alot of questions, but i am weird when i travel, i want the whole low-down! I swear when we went to the domican last year, i could have been a travel guide. I get the feeling from looking at myself the same is happening for me here with Mexico.

Thanks again to all that has helped me shape this trip. I guess i wont know though until i get there! Believe me, my high strung self will enjoy a big book on the beach with a cervesa in hand!

Much appreciation-

Sara

canada
Level Contributor
92 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: For Those who just returned from Riveria Maya

Hi,

Just returned last night. When we left it was predicted that we would have rain and thunderstorms everyday. This forecast was true! But what it didn't say was that the storms blew in quickly, lasted for minutes, (usually less than 20), and that the rest of the day was blue sky with clouds. We could not have asked for better weather. So my prediction is that you will have rain and spectacular storms...and also gorgeous blue skys! And you will welcome those noon hour storms and swim in the rain to cool you down...it is HOT! Hve fun!

Tulum, Mexico
Level Contributor
1,516 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: For Those who just returned from Riveria Maya

I agree with everyone here. But Zora, I understand where you are at. I did the very same thing before my first few trips. I have since retired and all of my relaxation time is no longer crammed into the few precious vacation days. So now I can drive to Cozumel and arrive without a place to stay for the next 9 months. Retirement is awesome and it's a lot easier to relax. So don't beat yourself up for being too intense. It comes from a busy life with little time for yourself. Don't worry...be happy! (Yeah right, easy for me to say! lol)

PA
Level Contributor
45 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: For Those who just returned from Riveria Maya

Mexigringa-how i envy you! :)

Venice, Florida
Level Contributor
1,608 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: For Those who just returned from Riveria Maya

Just returned last night (21st) from PDC. Weather was hot and sunny Thursday and Friday. Saturday there was a 30 minute downpour, then hot and sunny. Sunday, somewhat cloudy, but no rain.