We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting from Posada Luna del Sur to beach

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
New York, NY, USA
Level Contributor
8 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Getting from Posada Luna del Sur to beach

Hello,

I am thinking of staying at Posada Luna del Sur, which, from what I understand (I have never visited the area before) is in the town of Tulum.

Does anyone know how I would have to go about getting to the beaches from that hotel? Would you recommend renting a car? Are there any moped rentals?

Thank you!

MT

Arkansas
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Getting from Posada Luna del Sur to beach

From what I understand, the required insurance for renting a car in Mexico is outrageous. There is ample cheap public transport around Tulum; we did fine without a car. Cabs to the beach cost from $3 to $3.50. You can also catch a collectivo from in front of El Crucero; you'll probably have catch a collectivo to El Crucero first, though. I don't think the collectivos that run closer to Luna del Sur go out to the playa. There are also 2 places in Tulum to rent mopeds. Janet at Luna del Sur will have a map of the town and can tell you where they are, or you can pick up a map at the Weary Traveler. We had a lovely time in Tulum earlier this month; ask if you have any more questions!

Arkansas
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Getting from Posada Luna del Sur to beach

Be sure to have breakfast at Gaudi Cafe - Bruno has the best coffee around!

New York, NY, USA
Level Contributor
8 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Getting from Posada Luna del Sur to beach

Thank you Nekobasu...

One more Q.

How did you reserve at Luna del Sur?

mitsaoua

Arkansas
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Getting from Posada Luna del Sur to beach

No problem, mitsaoua, email Janet at janekush@hotmail.com. Tell her Laine sent you! I'm sure you've seen the website, but here's the address just in case: http://www.lunadelsur.com/

New York, NY, USA
Level Contributor
8 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Getting from Posada Luna del Sur to beach

Just got back!

We loved Posada Luna del Sur, and Cafe Gaudi!

Thanks for the help!

Big D
Destination Expert
for Tulum, Dallas
Level Contributor
14,186 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Getting from Posada Luna del Sur to beach

Where is Cafe Gaudi? Sounds like a place I need to visit next time.

New York, NY, USA
Level Contributor
8 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Getting from Posada Luna del Sur to beach

It is a small cafe on the main road in the pueblo in Tulum, just a couple of doors down from the bus depot.

Bruno who works there (I think he and his sister run the cafe) is very friendly.

They serve nice breakfast dishes (eggs, cereals, toast, coffee, juice, etc) as well as some light fare such as salads and sandwiches.

Mitsos