We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Oasis Tulum?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Toronto, ON
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Topic
Oasis Tulum?

I've seen some good prices for an AI called Oasis Tulum, but I can't find any information on it anywhere. Does anyone know if this is a new resort, or has anyone been to it and can give me an opinion?

Thanks!

Vancouver B.C.
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: Oasis Tulum?

Oasis Tulum is Oasis Akumal!!

British Columbia...
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Oasis Tulum?

Why do they call it Oasis Tulum when it is actually Oasis Akumal? Are they the same hotel with different names or each their own area on the same resort acreage? Can someone elaborate on this?

Hamilton, Canada
Level Contributor
55 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Oasis Tulum?

We are staying at Oasis Tulum at the end of January. I have been researching as well - and I received an email from Oasis confirming that both AI's are at the same address.

I also received an email from someone who stayed there at the beginning of December who said that they are adding over 100 new rooms to the resort on the "Tulum" side.

If you stand on the beach and look at the hotel - I think that the buildings on the right (which are closer to Akumal) are part of the Oasis Akumal ... and the buildings on the left (which are closer to Tulum) are part of the Oasis Tulum.

Both resorts will share all facilities.

That is my best guess for now - I'll know more when we return!!!

Hamilton, Canada
Level Contributor
55 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Oasis Tulum?

We are staying at Oasis Tulum at the end of January. I have been researching as well - and I received an email from Oasis confirming that both AI's are at the same address.

I also received an email from someone who stayed there at the beginning of December who said that they are adding over 100 new rooms to the resort on the "Tulum" side.

If you stand on the beach and look at the hotel - I think that the buildings on the right (which are closer to Akumal) are part of the Oasis Akumal ... and the buildings on the left (which are closer to Tulum) are part of the Oasis Tulum.

Both resorts will share all facilities.

That is my best guess for now - I'll know more when we return!!!

alberta
Level Contributor
21 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Oasis Tulum?

I too with my family am booked at the Oasis Tulum....or does the hotel even exist? I have combed a ton of travel books as well and am not sure. The idea of it being hooked to the Oasis Akumal makes sense. I am going to call my travel agent today to make sure. I will let you all know.

Cori W also from Canada

Hamilton, Canada
Level Contributor
55 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Oasis Tulum?

I emailed the Oasis group of hotels and they did confirm that the Oasis Tulum is the same as the Oasis Akumal.

The Tulum side of the resort is new. Someone from another web site was staying there in late November, early December and says that the construction was to be complete in December 2004.

As far as I can tell, the Oasis Tulum has been advertised in Canada and in France.

alberta
Level Contributor
21 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Oasis Tulum?

Well that is good to know, thanks for the info!

Hope you have a good holiday!

Edmonton
Level Contributor
20 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Oasis Tulum?

We do have a travel brochure from "World of Vacations" that have the hotel listed in there. also you should be able to get it on the Web. He is a forum I found about the resort.

tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g499445-d247…

We are going there at the end of January, I hope we enjoy. I was not crazy over some of the comments people have posted under the above forum

Edmonton
Level Contributor
20 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Oasis Tulum?

We do have a travel brochure from "World of Vacations" that have the hotel listed in there. also you should be able to get it on the Web. He is a forum I found about the resort.

tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g499445-d247…

We are going there at the end of January, I hope we enjoy. I was not crazy over some of the comments people have posted under the above forum

Hamilton, Canada
Level Contributor
55 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Oasis Tulum?

There are some more comments about Oasis Akumal on the www.locogringo.com site (and some nice photos in the gallary).

I also had an email from a Vancouver couple who stayed at the Oasis Akumal a few weeks ago. They sent me some nice pictures as well. (They had a wonderfull time).

We'll be there at the end of Jan beginning of Feb - so perhaps our paths will cross. I'm part of a group of 12 including 4 children.