We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

cabanas copal clothing optional

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
california
5 posts
Save Topic
cabanas copal clothing optional

are people pretty comfortable with being nude at Cabanas Copal. what's the percentage of people usually nude at the resort?

Mentioned in this post
Cabanas Copal
Cabanas Copal
405 Reviews
Tulum, Mexico
London, United...
Level Contributor
4,497 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: cabanas copal clothing optional

It totally varies from week to week, depending on the actual guests that are at the resort at any given time.

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
205 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: cabanas copal clothing optional

It's more so at the beach than the actual grounds of the resort. If you have a seaside cabana, people usually sun themselves nude in their chairs or areas in front of the cabana. On our two visits, which were at the beginning of low season, the beach was about 80% nude. There is a small soak pool by the seaside bar (Tun Tun Bar), and there were two nude couples soaking there before heading down to the beach. But like Holly said, it varies a little.

california
5 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: cabanas copal clothing optional

so are the people who are not nude tolerate those who are nude, since Cabanas Copal/beach is clothing optioanal? Thanks.

Mentioned in this post
Cabanas Copal
Cabanas Copal
405 Reviews
Tulum, Mexico
Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
205 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: cabanas copal clothing optional

I even hate to use the word "tolerate", as it seems strong. But there isn't a problem with nude vs. textile. People who go to the resort know the policy is clothing optional. Some chose to sunbathe with their swimsuits, and some change their minds once they get there, and some chose to sunbathe and swim nude. Everyone is respectful of each other, and everyone pretty much comes there for that reason. There really is nothing to worry about.

california
5 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: cabanas copal clothing optional

thanks for the informations WindyCity.

London, United...
Level Contributor
4,497 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: cabanas copal clothing optional

I just read a new review that says "It was comfortable to be nude or clothed." However, I just received a post-checkout survey response from a guest that says "not so much optional as it is clothed," and he seemed pretty upset about it.

So opinions are really varied, and it really does depend on what guests are there at any given time. Obviously, since it's clothing OPTIONAL and not nudist, it really depends on the guests.

Austin, Tx
Level Contributor
136 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: cabanas copal clothing optional

Not sure how someone could be upset b/c people were actually wearing clothes at a clothing optional place. As long as it is acceptable for you to go nude (assuming that's what you wanted to do), why would you care what others were doing?

For what it is worth, we stayed there a couple years ago and, yes, people were sunbathing both partially (girls topless) and totally nude (both guys and girls). Can't recall anyone walking through the grounds sans clothes, but I guess that's a possibility.

So, if you plan on staying at Copal, you can definitely expect to see some nudity. But, you certainly don't have to go in the buff yourself. But, I must admit that once got there, it was easy to fall in line. ;-)

London, United...
Level Contributor
4,497 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: cabanas copal clothing optional

I was a little surprised by the person who complained about the clothed people, but he did say he'd be posting about his discontent on the internet, so we may read about it firsthand soon.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
87 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: cabanas copal clothing optional

When I was there 4 weeks ago at least 1/2 the people took the option right away and more joined in as the day went on. Some people were nude away from the beach but it was not wide spread, there are showers in various locations in land from the water. Usually kids played in the pool. Either way, nude or not, was not a problem for anyone there. People were very friendly and respectful of each others space.

It was an outstanding vacation for my wife and I. No electricy, no bathroom, and a sand floor was a new experience for us (we don't camp) that we dream about having again.

The simple, beautiful, laid back nature of life at Cabanas Copal will not leave us soon, thank God!

We are going back in Dec for a couple of weeks and can't wait.

Mentioned in this post
Cabanas Copal
Cabanas Copal
405 Reviews
Tulum, Mexico
Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
205 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: cabanas copal clothing optional

Ahhh..it got into your soul! 2 years ago my wife and I came to Tulum and stayed next door at Azulik. It is a very different style of vacation at Copal and Azulik, and we really loved it. It brought us closr together, and we also felt the most relaxed and rejuvenated after our vacation here. It is very peaceful and tranquil. We are returning for our third visit in less than two weeks. Previously stayed at all inclusives, but will never go that way again. Glad to read that you enjoyed it. Wish we could stay as long as you did. Get to writing that report...we'd love to hear about it!

Mentioned in this post
Tulum
Tulum
Riviera Maya, Mexico
Azulik
Azulik
1,509 Reviews
Tulum, Mexico