We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Comunicaciones en Tulum: Cell phone & WiFi ???

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Argentina
Level Contributor
7 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Comunicaciones en Tulum: Cell phone & WiFi ???

Hola, estoy viajando con mi familia en pocos días. Nos hospedaremos en el Gran Bahía Príncipe Tulum. Dónde puedo comprar una tarjeta SIM para tener mi teléfono celular con línea local (¿precio en U$S?). Debemos comprarla en el aeropuerto de Cancun antes de viajar a Tulum?

Podremos utilizar nuestra laptop con conexión WiFi en este hotel? Necesitamos esto por trabajo, y en el hotel no nos responden.

Cuál es un transfer económico y seguro para una familia de 4 personas??

Gracias !!

New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Tulum
Level Contributor
5,907 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Comunicaciones en Tulum: Cell phone & WiFi ???

You may wish to try your questions again on the Spanish-language board.

I think you buy your SIM card before you leave your home country, but I could be wrong about that.

And most hotels offer WiFi now, though they may charge you for it.

Argentina
Level Contributor
7 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Comunicaciones en Tulum: Cell phone & WiFi ???

Thank you very much Beachreader !

London, United...
Level Contributor
4,497 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Comunicaciones en Tulum: Cell phone & WiFi ???

The local SIM card for Mexico you will have to get once you're there, so you can have a local number. Also look for the Amigo Kits by TelCel, which are very cheap cell phones which you recharge with cards you can buy in different amounts, in Argentina CTI has the same system, and it's also called the tarjeta Amigo I think.

I'm not 100% sure about WiFi at the GBP, but they should at least have an internet cafe or business center, if they don't have WiFi in the rooms. In a worst case scenario, there is an internet cafe in Akumal just 15 minutes away from GBP. Not optimal, but it's there in case of emergency.

Argentina
Level Contributor
7 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Comunicaciones en Tulum: Cell phone & WiFi ???

HollyWorton,

Many thanks for your useful advice !!

I live in Buenos Aires and many times I read your comments in that forum. We own apts. for rent in Palermo.

Thanks again !

5. Re: Comunicaciones en Tulum: Cell phone & WiFi ???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:17 am, September 19, 2009