We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best way to get to Tulum from Cancun Airport?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
NJ
Level Contributor
206 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Best way to get to Tulum from Cancun Airport?

Can you please let me know the best way (quickest) to get to Tulum from Cancun Airport? What is the cost? And how long does it take?

Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Tulum
Tulum
Riviera Maya, Mexico
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
497 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best way to get to Tulum from Cancun Airport?

If there are more than 2 of you, I reccommend Cancun Valet. I booked with them, it was 125 round trip, but only as far as Aventura. It will be a little more to Tulum. But the cost is per van, up to 10 people, round trip, with no other stops along the way. You can check out their site www.cancunvalet.com for prices and info, and to book. I found them reliable and comfortable.

Mentioned in this post
Cancun
Cancun
Quintana Roo, Mexico
Tulum
Tulum
Riviera Maya, Mexico
Michigan USA
Level Contributor
460 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best way to get to Tulum from Cancun Airport?

I found Alltournative Tours to have the best price and their tour reviews seem to be positve. I would think most companies should take the same amount of time give or take a few minutes, depending on the airport situation. Also make sure it is a private transfer not shared with travelers going to other resorts.

Mentioned in this post
Alltournative
Alltournative
598 Reviews
Playa del Carmen, Mexico
Big D
Destination Expert
for Tulum, Dallas
Level Contributor
14,311 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best way to get to Tulum from Cancun Airport?

Looks like it's $210 roundtrip to Tulum from Cancunvalet:

www.cancunvalet.com/…

A private transfer is the quickest way.

Mentioned in this post
Tulum
Tulum
Riviera Maya, Mexico
Big D
Destination Expert
for Tulum, Dallas
Level Contributor
14,311 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best way to get to Tulum from Cancun Airport?

Should take 90 minutes.

USA
Level Contributor
7,144 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best way to get to Tulum from Cancun Airport?

Another place to check is Entertainment Plus. Go to their website (entertainment-plus.net) and you can find the price there.

Rochester, New York
10 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Best way to get to Tulum from Cancun Airport?

Hi We will be traveling to Dreams Tulum in March, And it seems like a 1 day/one way car rental might be the cheapest way. Any thoughts on that? Thank You!!

Mentioned in this post
Tulum
Tulum
Riviera Maya, Mexico
DDF
Whitby, Canada
Destination Expert
for Tulum
Level Contributor
6,150 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Best way to get to Tulum from Cancun Airport?

We booked through Cancun Valet and it was $140.00 US return (tip not included) and we stayed at the Bahia. Well worth every penny. We were at the resort more than 1 hour before everyone else. We had already had lunch by the time everyone else piled in.

Mentioned in this post
Cancun
Cancun
Quintana Roo, Mexico
Baton Rouge, LA
Level Contributor
8 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best way to get to Tulum from Cancun Airport?

My husband and I are going to Tulum in May and we are flying into the Cancun airport. We checked out rental cars on Avis and Hertz. Hertz quoted us a total of $87 USD for a five day rental of a 2-door manual transmission economy car w/out A/C. Avis gave us a comprable car for $80, but it had a 50 mi/day limit, which we will certainly surpass on the 1st and 5th days since we have to drive the car from Cancun to Tulum. Overall, I would say that renting a car is the best way to go. The transfers cost around $200/person round trip. With a car, you save about $100/person and get to have access to a vehicle the entire time.

Mentioned in this post
Tulum
Tulum
Riviera Maya, Mexico
Cancun
Cancun
Quintana Roo, Mexico
Colo Spgs
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
30,075 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Best way to get to Tulum from Cancun Airport?

When comparing rental cars be sure to add in the insurance.

Baton Rouge, LA
Level Contributor
8 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Best way to get to Tulum from Cancun Airport?

CO Pilot54 - good point. I think the damage waiver insurance is $20/day, which will add another $100, coming out to $187, which is roughly the same price as the transfer.

I've never rented a car in Mexico, but I've heard that it is important to get the insurance. Is this true? Does your credit card not cover it? I never get insurance on rental cars in the States, but is it different in Mexico?

Mentioned in this post
Mexico
Mexico
North America