We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Recommendation-- Need 2 bed 2 bath suite

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
ny
Level Contributor
90 posts
Save Topic
Hotel Recommendation-- Need 2 bed 2 bath suite

Can someone recommend a hotel that may have availability for a 2 bed 2 bath suite?

No Budget.

Kansas City...
Level Contributor
1,549 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel Recommendation-- Need 2 bed 2 bath suite

Gosh, I can't think of any hotels on the Tulum beach road with 2 baths. If budget is not a consideration, then your best bet may be to rent a house. You can look on VRBO or check out https://www.mahayanatulum.com. Perhaps someone else on the board will know if there are any hotels with 2 bathrooms.

Big D
Destination Expert
for Tulum, Dallas
Level Contributor
14,328 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel Recommendation-- Need 2 bed 2 bath suite

There's a couple of options. Cabanas Tulum has a connecting room situation.

Blanca Duna at Nueva Vida is a 2br/2bath.

Villa Zanzibar at La Luna, but it's more like a house.

There's a small house that's part of Ana y Jose. When it was a separate property, we used to stay there.

Kansas City...
Level Contributor
1,549 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel Recommendation-- Need 2 bed 2 bath suite

Great idea on the Cabanas Tulum connecting rooms Pepper. I totally forgot they can do that there.

Playa del Carmen...
Level Contributor
78 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel Recommendation-- Need 2 bed 2 bath suite

Villas Geminis in town has 2 bedroom condos

Big D
Destination Expert
for Tulum, Dallas
Level Contributor
14,328 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel Recommendation-- Need 2 bed 2 bath suite

I only know these things because it's what we need as a family when we travel too, Sherm. :-) But you know now I just go for a house....it's so much easier.

Kansas City...
Level Contributor
1,549 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel Recommendation-- Need 2 bed 2 bath suite

Totally agree with you Pepper. Now, if I could just get all our kids to decide EARLY that they want to join us on our December trips so I had enough time to book my house. This year, everybody trickled in on as to if they wanted to come and we ended up having to rent a bunch of hotel rooms. Oy vey... :) Seems like if you want a 4 BR house in December, you have to rent it in April anymore to get the one you like.

We may have to start looking at new destinations. *sigh*

New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Tulum
Level Contributor
7,215 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel Recommendation-- Need 2 bed 2 bath suite

Sherm, thanks for the link to Mahayana, I didn't realize those Bob & Bonnie properties were now all linked together. Are they still involved, or have they handed off? I met an Israeli guy at the main property last year, wondering if he's their partner or if he has taken over.

To add another property for consideration, there's still that house at the old Retiro Maya, not sure what it's called (I should probably find out the name before I recommend it to people, huh). The hotel became part of Coco, but I believe the Retiro Maya owner kept the house going. It's three bedrooms and three bathrooms, so more space than needed, but it was a bit more reasonable than some of the others.

Kansas City...
Level Contributor
1,549 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotel Recommendation-- Need 2 bed 2 bath suite

Yes, Bob and Bonnie still own the houses, Guy is probably who you met. He's their partner.

I looked at the Retiro Maya house myself, but it seems to be split now with the upper floor being rented separate from the lower floor. I also noticed both last August and this August when we stayed at Coco that they don't clean their beach...it was pretty nasty this August.

I haven't rented from that owner, but there's just something about that house that doesn't appeal to me. Unfortunately, it's hard to find reasonably priced beach front houses in Tulum anymore. Bob and Bonnie's are about the nicest ones for less than $10K a week.

New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Tulum
Level Contributor
7,215 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hotel Recommendation-- Need 2 bed 2 bath suite

Sol y Luna looked pretty nice. Very similar layout to Villa Sian Kaan so I figured maybe the same builder, and it used to be a lot cheaper. I haven't looked in a while so I don't know what's going on there now.

The Retiro Maya house has always been separate as far as I know. I checked it out inside a few years ago and the ceiling is a bit low and it's a bit dark, but it had three bedrooms, one of which had two actual king sized beds in it, the other had a queen and two singles and the third, in the back, had a queen. I just thought it was a good layout for our family, but we never made it work. The suite upstairs looks fantastic but costs a lot and I think only has one bed despite all the space they have. Odd.

Back to the original post, don't forget to check out Rancho San Eric. I think there's a 2-bedroom house there, not sure if it has two bathrooms, though.

Casa Mexicana at Nueva Vida de Ramiro has two bedrooms but only one bathroom.

10. Re: Hotel Recommendation-- Need 2 bed 2 bath suite

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, September 14, 2018