We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mayan Cartouche Factory Tulum

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Columbus, Ohio
1 post
2 reviews
Save Topic
Mayan Cartouche Factory Tulum

Hey guys! We were on a cruise in March and made a stop in Cozumel, while there we did a tour of the Mayan Ruins in Tulum. When we were on the bus they told us about the Mayan necklaces that were made on obsidian with silver Mayan letters and they made them there locally. We loved them, and my partner and I traded our last names to each other.

It's been a month or so now and his dropped and it broke in to three pieces... :-( Does any one have the contact information for the place down there by the ruins? We've looked everywhere and can't seem to find any contact information. Any help would be greatly appreciated!! Apparently the name of the company is the Mayan Cartouche Factory.

Thank you for all your help in advance!

23 replies to this topic
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: Mayan Cartouche Factory Tulum

The exact same thing happen with my girlfriend and me, down to a t. Did anyone ever get back to you?

Mobile, Alabama
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Mayan Cartouche Factory Tulum

I'm in Tulum now!!! Can you tell me where you got the necklace? Was it at the ruins??? I'm interested in getting one for myself and will be happy to help if you can get me more info. Maybe a picture of you can.

Thanks

Kristen

4 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Mayan Cartouche Factory Tulum

Let me know if you can get me one. I was in the same situation; no cash on-hand and they don't take AMEX. Happy to pay you, time, and shipping. Name is: BRADY. Email: mgill@tulane.edu

Mobile, Alabama
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Mayan Cartouche Factory Tulum

I'm trying to figure out where this place is? Next to the ruins? I asked our cab driver and he had no idea. I'm here until Saturday morning and will continue to search. If anyone has more info please send my way!!

Mobile, Alabama
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Mayan Cartouche Factory Tulum

I think I found it, I'll try to go by tomorrow.

4 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Mayan Cartouche Factory Tulum

Hey, if you're inclined to help I'd greatly appreciate it. I am more than willing to send funds via PayPal, a personal check, or even a cashier check. If it doesn't workout I understand.

Very truly,

Myles mgill@tulane.edu

Mobile, Alabama
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Mayan Cartouche Factory Tulum

Of course, if I find the location I will be happy to help! I'll keep you posted.

4 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Mayan Cartouche Factory Tulum

I just realized I can help you further. Amazingly there is a Starbucks in the same plaza, so using the Starbucks app, I've isolated the address! AV. Ruinas de Tulun No. F-3, Col. Tulum Ruinas, Tulum, ROO 77760. As you enter the parking lot off HWY 307, you'd want to go left towards the front vendors. The vendor may still have the BRADY pendent available, so please ask first. Hope this helps.

4 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Mayan Cartouche Factory Tulum

Hef1, any luck with finding the Cartouche Shop? Hope your trip is going great and the address was helpful. Myles

Save Reply
10. Re: Mayan Cartouche Factory Tulum

I so sorry to hear that! I just returned from a Carnival Cruise to Cozumel! The Tulum Ruins where the Mayan Cartouche Factory is located is a part of the VIP Tulum & Cenote Excursion!

Maybe one of the representatives with Carnival Cruise Lines over connecting guest with the excursions may be able to provide you with the contact information!

I bought a charm for myself & my husband. Thanks for the warning.. I will be very careful with it!

Good Luck! ❤

Reply to: Mayan Cartouche Factory Tulum
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted