We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ocean Coral Turquesa or Sandos Caracol?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Level Contributor
109 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Ocean Coral Turquesa or Sandos Caracol?

My husband and I are considering these two resorts for our vacation. Any help would be appreciated! They are about the same in price. Things that are important to us is good food, location, is it on a nice stretch of beach, shaded areas with loungers on the beach. If any one has been to these resorts and can give us some in-sight to help us pick, that would be great.

Windsor, Canada
Level Contributor
2,052 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ocean Coral Turquesa or Sandos Caracol?

We have been to both and my choice would be Caracol. The food is really good at Caracol (we just got home from our 9th trip), much better than Ocean. The beach is nice and long at Caracol, but honestly, you need water shoes given the coral rock. However, Ocean's beach was filled with sea grass growing on bottom and a murky brown colour the whole time we were there. I would suggest the upgrade into the Select Club at Caracol if just adults are going on the trip - well worth the upgrade.

California
Level Contributor
224 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ocean Coral Turquesa or Sandos Caracol?

I concur with rubyq. The beach is nice has rocky parts but overall is beautiful. There was never a problem with getting a lounger. The food is great and no reservations required. Yes, def if only adults upgrade to select.

Buckeye, Arizona
7 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Ocean Coral Turquesa or Sandos Caracol?

I am considering Caracol for next summer with my family also. Would any of you know if the restaurants/buffets have A/C?

upstate New York
Level Contributor
578 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ocean Coral Turquesa or Sandos Caracol?

We have stayed at Ocean 2X and loved it. Amazing al a cart restaurants. Walkable along beach to Puerto Morelos. Very few kids were there either time. We have chosen Sands Caracol for our June 2017 trip....daughter, son-in-law, and 3 grandkids going and thought Sandos would be a better fit

5. Re: Ocean Coral Turquesa or Sandos Caracol?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:15 am, November 10, 2017