We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Back from Palladium!!!

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
313 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
Back from Palladium!!!

Just returned from a great week at the Palladium...Colonial side. If anyone has any questions, I would be happy to answer them for you!

Georgia
8 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Back from Palladium!!!

Would you happen to have any pictures of the Mayan Suites, we are booked to go in July. We would love to see pictures of the resort, so far we have only found the one with the man standing in the outdoor shower.

Lost
Level Contributor
773 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Back from Palladium!!!

How's the beach?

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
313 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Back from Palladium!!!

Sorry I have no pics of the Mayan Suites. We stayed in a Jr. Suite. If you want to send me your email address, I can send you some pics this evening.

As for the beach...it was beautiful. White sand, crystal blue water. The only thing was that it was quite windy so the waves were quite choppy. We saw 2 stingrays while we were there so I was a little hesitant to take my son into the water after that. But it was a beautiful beach nonetheless!

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
313 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Back from Palladium!!!

Sorry I have no pics of the Mayan Suites. We stayed in a Jr. Suite. If you want to send me your email address, I can send you some pics this evening.

As for the beach...it was beautiful. White sand, crystal blue water. The only thing was that it was quite windy so the waves were quite choppy. We saw 2 stingrays while we were there so I was a little hesitant to take my son into the water after that. But it was a beautiful beach nonetheless!

dfj
aston, pa
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Back from Palladium!!!

We are going in May, could you tell me what would be some good buildings on both sides to stay in that are close to the beach, pool and restaurants. How long of a ride form the airport ?. Any other info would be great. Would love to see some pictures. DFJ3038@YAHOO.COM Thanks

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
313 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Back from Palladium!!!

It was about an hour from the airport. Our bus was full (56 people) and all were headed to Palladium, so we had no additional stops, same with the return bus ride.

We stayed in Villa 9 on Colonial side. We found this to be pretty much in the middle of everything. It was about a 2-5 minute walk to wherever you wanted to go, but it was not a hardship whatsoever, it was a beautiful walk.

I will send you some pics this evening. This hotel is beautiful, you will not be disappointed.

Philly
8 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Back from Palladium!!!

I am leaving on April 19 for a week in a junior suite. Any recommendation on what side to stay or even a building or floor ?

I can't wait less then a week to go. Sounds like leaving on a tuesday may be a blessing in disquise.

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
313 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Back from Palladium!!!

You should definitely ask for a room on the 3rd floor if you have no mobility issues. You would get a better view that way. We were on the 2nd floor and looked right out into the trees, but we liked it anyway.

We also went Tues - Tues and had no problems at the airport, both in Cancun and at Toronto. It was quick and painless both ways!

Lost
Level Contributor
773 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Back from Palladium!!!

ChrisCPK....I have a funny story about stingrays....My family just watched our video from Mexico and there's a part where I'm taping my husband and son in the waves, but because it was so sunny, I really wasn't sure what I was taping at the time. Now, it's VERY obvious that there was a stingray about 5 feet from my husband and you can see him sort of looking into the water because he see's something and he even moves towards it at one point, trying to get a better look. He never mentioned anything at the time, but it was just funny seeing that stingray, plain as day on the video. My husband said "I KNEW there was something in the water!" That was early in our trip, I'm just glad we remained naive for the remainder of the week. It would have been a shame to have the whole family fearful of the water!

Columbus, GA
Level Contributor
30 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Back from Palladium!!!

ChrisCPK & ERnurse

I actually don't think stingrays are dangerous. I've been to the Caymans and you can go on excursions to feed them. Chris, we are going in May on a Wednesday through Tuesday. Will I still be able to get tickets for the beach BBQ? I heard they start taking reservations on Tuesday afternoon. Did you go?