We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Towels @ Iberostar Paraiso

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Troy, MI
Level Contributor
74 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Towels @ Iberostar Paraiso

are the towels provided at the IB*Paraiso small or decent size?

Troy, MI
Level Contributor
74 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Towels @ Iberostar Paraiso

I'm referring to the beach towels.

Plano, TX
Level Contributor
140 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Towels @ Iberostar Paraiso

I stayed at the Maya and can say that for the Maya/Lindo side the towels are a very decent size. (I'm sure it's the same for the Beach/del Mar side.) Much larger than a bath towel. They're blue and you turn in your towel cards that you receive at check in for towels and can trade towels for clean ones or cards as many times as you wish.

Mesa, Arizona
Level Contributor
9,998 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Towels @ Iberostar Paraiso

Actually you're only supposed to trade your towel in once a day. And its better to get your clean towel at the end of the day so you dont have to keep a wet towel in your room and so you are reach for the pool chair olympics each morning. It usually starts around 6am.

Be sure you dont lose your towel, or towel card, as there is a $10 charge to replace it.

And whatever you do dont lose your bracelet. You DONT WANT TO KNOW what THAT costs to replace.

boston
Level Contributor
20 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Towels @ Iberostar Paraiso

Now you've got my attention -- what WOULD it cost to replace a bracelet?

Plano, TX
Level Contributor
140 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Towels @ Iberostar Paraiso

Karenjme: We lost one of our five towel cards and we just made do with four towels the week (the fifth person was a baby) and when we checked out, I just handed them the cards and they tossed them in a stack with other towel cards w/o counting them. I guess we got lucky!

Midwest, USA
Level Contributor
1,256 posts
319 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Towels @ Iberostar Paraiso

We were allowed to trade in for fresh towels as often as we wanted. We usually opted to get back our towel cards at the end of the day, rather than a towel, as we are not early risers and not into the "towel game".

On our last full day, the towel hut closed before we got back from our tour. We were forced to hand in stinky wet towels in lieu of a towel card when we checked out. The desk clerk made a face but accepted them.

I've often thought that if we lost our towel or towel card, we'd simply take advantage of the trustful souls playing the "towel game". Serve them right!

Kimberly, WI
Level Contributor
351 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Towels @ Iberostar Paraiso

We never had a problem getting a spot at the pool. Didnt need to play the towel game. And I didnt notice it being done either.The towels are nice. We did have someone steal my towel on our last day(now there's a towel game).... I had to walk all the way up to the lobby and they just had me sign a log telling them what happened. But I also firmly stated I would not pay for a towel. They gave me a new towel card and told me to be more careful. We just went and got some lunch... I am sure someone had there towel stolen so instead of being honest they played the dirty towel game....Unbelievable.

Mesa, Arizona
Level Contributor
9,998 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Towels @ Iberostar Paraiso

exmex, I have heard that, depending on the hotel, it can cost upwards of $100 to replace a bracelet.

boston
Level Contributor
20 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Towels @ Iberostar Paraiso

Thanks. Karenjme. I wish the hotel would just do a "towel sweep" of saved chairs, or put a "ticket" on the towels threatening to remove them. It really is annoying.