We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

5 star, non-AI weekend getway best options?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Playa del Carmen hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
TN
Level Contributor
18 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
5 star, non-AI weekend getway best options?

Looking at maybe suprising my wife for her 40th birthday (don't tell wwkd). I would like to go back to a non-AI resort, and I'm somewhat of a hotel snob. I like luxury, but would also like to be on the beach.

What are some of the better experiences people have had for this type of getaway?

san diego, ca
Level Contributor
1,763 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 5 star, non-AI weekend getway best options?

You might want to look into the Fairmount Mayakoba. It is comparable to a Ritz. There is a Ritz in Cancun as well.

oklahoma girl at...
Level Contributor
473 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 5 star, non-AI weekend getway best options?

Maroma Resort and Spa. We are thinking of celebrating our 5th anniverasry there in July. There is a recent review on TA posted by a celebrity who was there over New Years. The resort looks amazing. I have heard even the garden rooms (least expensive) are gorgeous.

Have fun deciding :)

Barrie, Ontario...
Level Contributor
521 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 5 star, non-AI weekend getway best options?

You might want to look at some of the Boutique hotels in PDC as well.... (or at least have a look or walk by when there to consider for future trip).

My sister is a bit of a 'hotel snob' at times and she is the person who got me onto staying at the Boutique hotels in Playa del Carmen.

She and her husband used to stay at the Maroma and the Mayakoba in PDC (both excellent choices), but now have begun to stay in PDC at some of the smaller places. Not exactly luxury, but absolutely beautiful, unique and and a different experience!

Wherever you decide~ what a great surprize! Have a wonderful trip!

4. Re: 5 star, non-AI weekend getway best options?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:21 am, August 19, 2009