We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Playa del Carmen with a family

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
48 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Playa del Carmen with a family

Ive not been to playa in about 5 years (will be my 6th time) and this time I'm going to take my new wife, our 6month old baby, my Inlaws and my brother in law. This will be the first time outside of America for my wife's family and I want a good experience for them. My brother in law will be graduating from college and will have a 2 week break the first 2 weeks of September. I plan on flying into cancun on Saturday and renting a car for the drive down.

We want to stay downtown playa with a short walk to the beach and 5th avenue. Not sure if I'm going to go with a resort or try to rent a house. With 5 adults a house seems like a good option. But I'm up for suggestions. Anyone have a great place to stay?

I have never been to playa in September, only been around Christmas. My research tells me the average high is around 90. Will my 6 month old be ok in that heat? 90 can feel very different at different places. We are very worried about this.

Virginia
Level Contributor
1,143 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Playa del Carmen with a family

Maya Villa has 1,2,3 bedroom condos. Each family could have their own condo for a bit of privacy. Very near 5th avenue, near 14th, and 1 block from beach. You get to use Indigo Beach Club by staying at Maya Villa. If you can swing it, the penthouse condos have rooftop terraces which are awesome for entertaining the whole family.

Virginia
Level Contributor
1,143 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Playa del Carmen with a family

Also, I checked out baby supplies last time I was there, I would bring your own formula (if you are using it) and use bottled water to mix it. Diapers and other supplies are readily available. I would just be concerned with changing a formula.

Breckenridge, CO
Level Contributor
912 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Playa del Carmen with a family

Consider renting a condo at the North end, around calle 38. The area is newer and quieter and the beaches (Coco, Shangri La) are fantastic. Personally, I would never stay anywhere else in Playa, way too many people and too much noise as you get closer to Juarez. Playa is no doubt going to seem totally different from what it was the last time you were there.

Long Beach...
Level Contributor
108 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Playa del Carmen with a family

I agree with the above comment! There are many great condo's on the North end. The Elements was high on our list. The condos in that area are newer and quieter. You're child should be fine with the climate. Make sure to keep the fluid intake high and take advantage of any and all shade that you can. Have fun!

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
48 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Playa del Carmen with a family

Thanks for all the info. Wife is More worried about the weather Than anything. Wanda make sure there is always a place for the baby to be comfortable. Thanks again

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
1,450 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Playa del Carmen with a family

North end is more quiet. Noise can being annoying trying to sleep, nap, relax. I love the area around Maya Villa, in fact stay in the area but have experienced "noise" problems. It will be hot but millions of babies are thriving in this climate just fine.

Your place will have A/C.

I've laughed at locals wearing sweaters if the temp hits 75F.! To us northerners this is HOT. Tanks and shorts at 68F :-)

7. Re: Playa del Carmen with a family

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, June 11, 2017