We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Basico vs Deseo?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Barrie, Ontario...
Level Contributor
521 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel Basico vs Deseo?

Can anyone tell me which hotel would be the better choice~

Hotel Basico or the Deseo?

I've narrowed it down to the two... rates are withihn $20 of each other. Any pros/cons to either one over the other?

Many thanks!

Newport House Playa del Carmen
Newport House Playa del Carmen
#2 of 218 hotels in Playa del Carmen
Petit Lafitte
Petit Lafitte
#6 of 218 hotels in Playa del Carmen
Fairmont Mayakoba
Fairmont Mayakoba
#9 of 218 hotels in Playa del Carmen
Barrie, Ontario...
Level Contributor
521 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel Basico vs Deseo?

Sorry to bump~ Just hoping for a response:)

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel Basico vs Deseo?

Hey SunshineGal,

I have the same delima. Please let me know if you get any feedback and I'll do the same.

Thanks!!!

Playa del Carmen...
Destination Expert
for Playa del Carmen
Level Contributor
9,043 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel Basico vs Deseo?

I don't know -- I couldn't really say, nor would I be in a proper position to -- but for what it's worth, they're run by the same people, the Basico being started by the Deseo people relatively recently. So you're consistent in terms of your style preferences! :-)

Steve

Barrie, Ontario...
Level Contributor
521 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel Basico vs Deseo?

Thanks Steve! Well, since the Playa Maya is booked when I am there, HAD to find somewhere else!

Ended up booking BOTH~ Half of vacation at one and half at the other... will report back and let y'all know how it went!

Mentioned in this post
Playa Maya
Playa Maya
674 Reviews
Playa del Carmen, Mexico
Playa del Carmen...
Destination Expert
for Playa del Carmen
Level Contributor
9,043 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel Basico vs Deseo?

There you go! Sorry we didn't have availability for you here -- thanks for thinking of us! -- but this way you can give everyone the perfect answer to your original question, no? :-)

Steve

6. Re: Hotel Basico vs Deseo?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:19 pm, August 26, 2009