Staying at AI (Playacar Palace) - first time in Mexico:
1. Would staff appreciate small items (such as lotions, note cards from where we come from, baseball caps etc) as appreciation besides $$$ or is that insulting here? Maids, bellhops etc?
2. Whats truly easier for them pesos or USD's? ( I know - no ripped bills!)
3. On the AI tours (say to Tulum) can you stay and taxi back (at your own expense of course) or do they insist that you return with them?
4. I 've read and read about the run-arounds with rooms on check-in (they give you from bad to better if you keep complaining, saying no this won't do etc etc)? Any real suggestions??? Sugar vs Vinigar? Or just "here's some $$$ can we just do this room switch once so we can start our vacation"?
5. Women traveling alone - okay and trusting to take taxi's to farther tourist locations? How about Collectivo - okay for women traveling with a macho man?
Finally.....is it true you can use other resort facilities also (say other Palace resorts) ie: Cozumel Palace, Adventura Palace pools, beaches etc) with same privledges once they staple that wristband on????