We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Playacar Palace

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
47 posts
9 reviews
Playacar Palace

Just booked our vacation for the Playacar Palace. It's our first time staying there and I was wondering if anyone had a good room suggestion? Also, does anyone have an email address that I can use to request a room?

Thanks!

1. Re: Playacar Palace

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 8:08 pm, November 10, 2015
Edited: 8:08 pm, November 10, 2015
Vancouver, BC
Level Contributor
585 posts
2 reviews
2. Re: Playacar Palace

You will have to copy and paste the URL for it to work.

Edmonton, Alta.
Level Contributor
2,124 posts
19 reviews
3. Re: Playacar Palace

Just read the article-cut & pasted this part-"It has been reported that the couple suffered electrocution from an in-suite Jacuzzi. The deceased have not been officially identified."

Vancouver, BC
Level Contributor
585 posts
2 reviews
4. Re: Playacar Palace

Not sure why my previous response re: a couple being electrocuted at this resort's in room Jacuzzi which included a link to the news story was removed.

I think it's very much travel related and I would very much want to know about it if I were going there.

Illinois
Level Contributor
793 posts
70 reviews
5. Re: Playacar Palace

Info like this needs to be known, for other guests. A couple was there for their sons wedding. Very sad.

Barrhead, Canada
10 posts
6. Re: Playacar Palace

Almost all rooms have a view of the ocean to a degree, but I would select any of the ocean front categories on a higher floor for a spectacular view. Best way to contact the hotel is to send the gm a pm on this forum as he responded to it right away (www.tripadvisor.ca/members/PlayacarPalaceGM). We haven't used the jacuzzi(and probably wouldn't have anyway- even without the tragic news) as it is the one thing in the room that seems out of place. You won't regret your choice as service, amenities and location are perfect in every way.

If you want any additional info please drop me a pm as I am currently staying here.

Canada
Level Contributor
2,185 posts
20 reviews
7. Re: Playacar Palace

It is not being reported here in Canada (they were a Canadian couple) that there was any electrocution involved. It is being reported that he suffered a fatal heart attack and that event lead to her death by drowning. So very sad. My thoughts are with their family.

Edmonton
Level Contributor
1,760 posts
79 reviews
8. Re: Playacar Palace

Actually I just read the article in the Edmonton Journal. Names and their home town are not being released. So sad!

Nova Scotia, Canada
Level Contributor
2,723 posts
4 reviews
9. Re: Playacar Palace

Here is the latest with names. So sad as we live in Nova Scotia. It was just a sad and tragic accident.

cbc.ca/news/canada/nova-scotia/canadian-coup…

10. Re: Playacar Palace

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, November 12, 2016