We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

AI with a Tropical Feel?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
LI
Level Contributor
78 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
AI with a Tropical Feel?

I love the jungle atmosphere and tropical feel of the Iberostar Tucan/Quetzal. Because of the Quetzal fire, I am searching for another resort. Most of the all-inclusive resorts are very modern or contemporary looking. I haven't found one that seems "tropical" or has as much as the lush vegetation and atmosphere as the Tucan/Quetzal.

Any suggestions for an all inclusive that I may like?

I also like how close Tucan/Quetzal was to Playa Del Carmen but I wouldn't mind exploring another town.

Calgary
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Cancun
Level Contributor
25,559 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: AI with a Tropical Feel?

Valentin Imperial Maya fits the bill with lots of lush, tropical landscaping - but it's adult only and I don't know if that will work for you.

Minnesota
Level Contributor
2,895 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: AI with a Tropical Feel?

Another good one is Grand Palladium (any of the 4 resorts within, or the adult only Royal) although it isn't very close to any town, although Akumal is a fairly short taxi ride away.

Pennsylvania
Destination Expert
for Playa Paraiso
Level Contributor
9,163 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: AI with a Tropical Feel?

Iberostar Paraiso Del Mar/Beach also has a lush feel to it but is not close to Playa del Carmen.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
702 posts
181 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: AI with a Tropical Feel?

I 2nd the Valentin Imperial Maya!!! Tropical and an Awesome beach!!!

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
3,867 posts
193 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: AI with a Tropical Feel?

Searching still myself and waiting on our travel company to see what "they" will decide on our situation ...would love to try the VIM, but how do I sneak 2- 13yo girls in :(

DC

Branford...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
7,899 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: AI with a Tropical Feel?

Catalonia Royal Tulum (AI and adults only) is very lush and tropical... set amid the mangroves and the ocean and onsite cenotes; caotis, iguanas, parrots and monkeys (on my head, pic taken there) and one of the best beaches in the area!

A great alternative for an AI adults only that doesn't cater to just honeymooners and couples, plenty of dining options (buffet and a la carte) and a casual dress code vs long pants at dinner... nice pool areas, jacuzzis, air conditioned gym and spa, lobby bar, sports bar and evening entertainment.

Edited: 7:15 pm, October 13, 2015
7. Re: AI with a Tropical Feel?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:17 am, October 14, 2016