We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

If you had to choose between IB Tucan and IB Paraiso Del...

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
NJ
Level Contributor
305 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
If you had to choose between IB Tucan and IB Paraiso Del...

They are both similar in price, which is nicer? I know that the tucan is closer to town which I like. Also the Tucan looks pretty much booked til July. (maybe that should tell me something)? anyway, besides the Jungle like atmosphere of the Tucan, which has the better rooms, food, beach and pool? Thanks for any help.

Moe

Brick, New Jersey
Level Contributor
416 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: If you had to choose between IB Tucan and IB Paraiso Del...

Stay at the Tucan. The beach is nicer.

Ireland
Level Contributor
229 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: If you had to choose between IB Tucan and IB Paraiso Del...

Hi Moe,

We too were thinking about booking the Del Mar but opted for the Tucan instead, it has better reviews, the beach appears to be much nicer and it is close to Playa Del Carmen.

Louise

NJ
Level Contributor
305 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: If you had to choose between IB Tucan and IB Paraiso Del...

thanks, i'm favoring the Tucan also but we are going to have move our vacation up because they look like they are pretty much booked.

Moe

CT
Level Contributor
319 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: If you had to choose between IB Tucan and IB Paraiso Del...

Moe, I've been to the Beach, never the Tucan. We loved the IPB so much, were going back for 10 days this November. It is a Beautiful resort!!! I have also heard great things about the Tucan. If you have any questions, i'll give my opinion!!! Good luck to you. Renee

Saskatoon Sask
Level Contributor
896 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: If you had to choose between IB Tucan and IB Paraiso Del...

Seems to me the Iberostars had 2 hotels in Playacar. Why does no one ever mention the Quezetal or is that just Italian for Toucan. Honest the two signs said something different. OOPs maybe I should consult my electronic translator before I post. Oh well I've got nothing to lose by posting

NJ
Level Contributor
305 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: If you had to choose between IB Tucan and IB Paraiso Del...

Well, I booked the tucan today from Beach Destinations.com. I have never heard of them before but Trip Advisor has them advertised when I searched the Tucan. (Crossing my fingers that they are good to deal with). They were cheaper than all the others. Plus I got a non-stop flight!!!! I am very excited now. Had to go 2 weeks later than originally planned but I can deal with that. Was supposed to be for our anniversary but we will just have to celebrate later. (been married this long whats another 2 weeks, lol. I really had my heart set on the Tucan, will try the other Iberostars next time.

Moe

NJ
Level Contributor
305 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: If you had to choose between IB Tucan and IB Paraiso Del...

Sask, yes the quetzal is the sister site of the tucan, supposed to be the same exact. They are right by each other. They were booked too. lol, I am italian and I don't know if thats what it means. I'll have to ask my mother. I'll let you know.

Moe

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
20 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: If you had to choose between IB Tucan and IB Paraiso Del...

The Quetzal & Tucan are the same resort. One side is Quetzal & the other side is Tucan. They share the same restaurants, pools, beach areas from what my travel agent informed me when I made my reservation at the Quetzal for April.

Troy, MI
Level Contributor
74 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: If you had to choose between IB Tucan and IB Paraiso Del...

There are actually 6 Iberostars in the Riviera Maya. Tucan, Queztal, Del Mar, Beach, Lindo, & Maya.

We booked the Paraiso Beach resort for our honeymoon in June!

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
829 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: If you had to choose between IB Tucan and IB Paraiso Del...

Quetzals are beautiful birds found in Latin America, as are Toucans.