We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Delaware
Level Contributor
29 posts
23 reviews
Weather

We arrive this Saturday 9/19 and everyday all week it calls for "Scattered Thunderstorms". Does that mean rain all day or just storms that are over with quickly?

Brantford, Canada
Level Contributor
413 posts
6 reviews
1. Re: Weather

We are in the same boat...we arrive this Friday and doesn't look too promising when I look

Illinois
8 posts
1 review
2. Re: Weather

We are leaving Wednesday this week. A few years ago we were there when a tropical storm was going through we had plenty of hours of sunshine. I would not worry too much about it raining all day!

Vancouver
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Quintana Roo, Puerto Morelos
Level Contributor
46,164 posts
3. Re: Weather

top questions give a great summary

From the Playa del Carmen Destination Experts

What will the Weather be Like When I Visit?

Usually the weather is perfect for a day at the beach yet the forecast calls for rain. Short showers may occur and the rare long downpour, especially during hurricane season and October. Year-round, most days are sunny, hot and humid. April can be windy.

Forecast Calls For Rain = Sunny Trip

Just one reassuring post on the weather topic. Best bet is to count on sun, be prepared for short shower. All bets off in Hurricane Season. ... (more)

Weather Worries and a Webcam

Another forecast calling for a week of thunderstorms and sunny blue skies abound. Check out the webcam to see the conditions for yourself. ... (more)

More

More explanation of tropical weather. ... (more)

4. Re: Weather

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, September 15, 2016