We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Perfume at Duty Free

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Playa del Carmen hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Wilmington, NC
Level Contributor
88 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Perfume at Duty Free

We will be going to Playa del Carmen in about two weeks. I was wondering if someone could tell me if they sell perfume in the duty frees in the airport in Cancun and if there are restrictions on this like on liquor. Any info is appreciated.

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
4,177 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Perfume at Duty Free

we found most things at the airport to be over priced. Big bottle of Kalhua in Cozumel $11.. at airport $19!!!!! Cancun airport that is as we did a day trip to Coz`. Good luck.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
357 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Perfume at Duty Free

Yes, you can buy parfume at duty free shops in the airport. Make sure to buy at least an hour before you flight boarding. The staff from the shop will bring your purchases right to the walkway when you board a plane.

Trail, Canada
Level Contributor
292 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Perfume at Duty Free

And I'm 99.9% sure that there is no limit on the amount of perfume that you bring back. I found the prices to be very reasonable on high end stuff as aposed to what you would wind up paying at a department store. Where are you staying in Playa? We go in 25 days to The Riu Tequila!!

Croydon, United...
Level Contributor
93 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Perfume at Duty Free

We are going to Stay Riu Teqila next sunday (10.12.06) i need to know if cosmetics and perfume is cheaper in mexico than in UK and USA. I am interested in buying Clinque, YSL cosmetics and Lancome perfumes.

I know in the USA (New York) Clinique is cheaper than in UK and was wondering if this is the same in Mexico and where is the cheapest place to buy it from. Can you also give me examples of prices and savings etc.

Thanks

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,890 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Perfume at Duty Free

Just remember that perfume is a liquid and is subject to the same rules as for booze.

Alberta, Canada
Level Contributor
380 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Perfume at Duty Free

Hi kcf. Yes, they sell perfume at the duty free and it is slightly less expensive than in Canada. I have found the airlines have really good prices. Why not check with your carrier and see if they have an on-line store where you can see the prices and (some allow this) pre-order for when you get on the flight. Just an idea.

Calgary
Level Contributor
49 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Perfume at Duty Free

I only paid $12 for a big bottle of Kaluha at the Cancun Duty Free shop. this was last Saturday.

8. Re: Perfume at Duty Free

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:18 am, August 27, 2009