We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Reservations at Royal Hideaway Restaurants

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Hoffman Estates
Level Contributor
283 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Reservations at Royal Hideaway Restaurants

Hi all,

We are leaving next Thursday for our much needed vacation! We are staying at the Royal Hideaway and the closer it gets, the more excited we are.

I am aware that we need reservations at the restaurants (the only drawback), and am wondering about how we accomplish that for our first night? Do we contact the hotel now or I would imagine tht they accomodate you on your first night and do not require reservations. Then again, maybe I'm wrong. Any advice by those that have stayed would be helpful.

Also, if we do need to make reservations ahead of time for our first night, how do we know which restaurant serves what type of meal? The hotel's website does not appear to give specific information.

Thanks so much!

Erie, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Playa Paraiso
Level Contributor
4,127 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Reservations at Royal Hideaway Restaurants

You can email customer service to make reservations for your first night.

Spices serves Mexican/Carribean type food (it's my least favorite, but they have an awesome pumkin soup), Azia has Asian food and a tempanyaki table (or 2), Palazzo has Italian, the Grill has steaks, seafood, grilled stuff (now there's a surprise). I like the Grill for our first night because it's open to the beach and you really "feel" like you're at the beach. We took our wine out to the deck afterwards and enjoyed the view. Ventanna's has continetal and very creative gourmet cuisine. We had the tasting menu and loved it. Not everyone does though. You really can't go wrong with any of the restaurants.

If you don't make your reservation request by email they will make it when you check in.

Hoffman Estates
Level Contributor
283 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Reservations at Royal Hideaway Restaurants

Hi Actran,

Since you were one of the folks that was so helpful in our deciding to stay at RH, I am also going to take your suggestion regarding The Grille for our first night. I will email customer service tomorrow and let them know.

Thanks again!!!

Erie, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Playa Paraiso
Level Contributor
4,127 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Reservations at Royal Hideaway Restaurants

I loooove RH - but I bet you could tell.

Have a fabulous time. If you like rum be sure and ask for Havanna rum with your drinks.

4. Re: Reservations at Royal Hideaway Restaurants

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:20 pm, August 20, 2009