We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Margaritaville Restaurant Now In Playa

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
lancaster ohio
Level Contributor
385 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Margaritaville Restaurant Now In Playa

is this place open yet or location picked out thanks

Embarrass, Minnesota
Level Contributor
5,796 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Margaritaville Restaurant Now In Playa

Cancun has one and Cozumel has one. I like the one in Cozumel and their SUPER deck. Close to the ferry dock, no beach but can swim from deck.

Rumor is that Playa is to get the Cancun "buffeteria" but you'll have to be satisfied with the new Victoria Secrets store, Starbucks, or browsing in the the Wal-Mart if you like commercial stateside businesses. If and when it opens someone is bound to tell us.

lancaster ohio
Level Contributor
385 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Margaritaville Restaurant Now In Playa

was just in cancun margaritaville was closed had a sign up moved to playa still selling t-shirts etc but restaurant was closed we assumed they were open in playa thanks

Canada
Level Contributor
6,015 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Margaritaville Restaurant Now In Playa

Mccarthy's Irish Pub opened yesterday!

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
14,665 posts
184 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Margaritaville Restaurant Now In Playa

Cancun closed maybe a year ago ish. They keep talking about PDC, but haven't heard where it will be yet. So much new construction in PDC, I'm sure it will be in one of those new places being built.

St Paul, MN
Destination Expert
for Playa del Carmen
Level Contributor
13,248 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Margaritaville Restaurant Now In Playa

Hopefully they will take over Wicky's old spot on the beach and 10 Calle.

Clifton, New Jersey
Level Contributor
804 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Margaritaville Restaurant Now In Playa

I haven't been to Playa since 2012-what happened to Wickys? They had great food!

Clifton, New Jersey
Level Contributor
804 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Margaritaville Restaurant Now In Playa

oops haven't been there since 2013

Connecticut
Level Contributor
1,413 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Margaritaville Restaurant Now In Playa

OT3, I hope you're joking :-). I like staying at El Faro, and wouldn't want a swarm of Margaritaville enthusiasts fresh off the ferries to encroach on our little slice of paradise! LOL. I would welcome Carboncitos to take up secondary shop there, though. Maybe someone should submit that idea in their suggestion box.

St Paul, MN
Destination Expert
for Playa del Carmen
Level Contributor
13,248 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Margaritaville Restaurant Now In Playa

Something good has to take over that spot Wicky's had. It's to good of a location not to have a beach restaurant.

St Paul, MN
Destination Expert
for Playa del Carmen
Level Contributor
13,248 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Margaritaville Restaurant Now In Playa

It's rumored the owners of Wicky didn't pay their electric bill, taxes, food or beer bills. It's amazing how long a business can go without being shut down in Playa. The old owners had a group willing to buy them, but as I understand it, Trevor the President of the El Faro homeowners association turned it down.