We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Another Question... exit tax

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Another Question... exit tax

Does anyone know how much this is? I assume you pay it when you leave the Cancun airport to to return to Canada. Thank you!!!

Level Contributor
7,681 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Another Question... exit tax

Any tax like that is included in your ticket.

UK
Level Contributor
83 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Another Question... exit tax

Was US$42 when we left a couple of weeks ago. we had to pay but it might be different from other places like US/Canada where it may well be included in your ticket price. In departure termnal there are 2 queues, one to pay tax and the other to check in. you cannot check in until you have paid the tax. sounded a nightmare to us but it worked ok with no hold ups..

Level Contributor
555 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Another Question... exit tax

I hope my exit tax is included in my ticket. I heard people paying these fees of $50 each. That is a bummer if you are not expecting it.

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
43,327 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Another Question... exit tax

I haven't paid an exit tax in Mexico in over 10 years. It is almost certain to be included in your ticket.

Ontario
Level Contributor
81 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Another Question... exit tax

bookworm...I am Canadian, but traveling out of the U.S. I contacted the Mexican Tourism Board about the exit-tax question, since our next trip (less than 2 weeks...yeah!) was booked without a tour agency. Their reply was that we would be given a tourist card on the flight to Cancun (included with ticket and needed to leave the country at end of vacation) and that there is no exit tax. Hope this is helpful...

kansas city
Level Contributor
1,454 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Another Question... exit tax

we have been all over mexico- never paid any exit tax