We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

teens and golfers

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
veek61
Level Contributor
22 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
teens and golfers

we are thinking of heading to PDC during mid-march (spring break). we will have 2 golfer adults, 2 non-golfer adults, and 4 young teens (2 13s and 2 15s). we'd like AI so the kids can have freedom and we don't have to worry about doling out cash. we want some action/nightlife for the kids to enjoy but not over-the-top drunken frat boys barfing and hitting on them. the golfers would like to golf. the non-golfers would like to relax, party a bit (middle-aged partying), maybe a massage or two, walks on the beach, a little shopping perhaps. where to stay? THANK YOU.

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
5,526 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: teens and golfers

Good choice is the Riu properties maybe RIU Tequila.

Mentioned in this post
Hotel Riu Tequila
Hotel Riu Tequila
8,462 Reviews
Playa del Carmen, Mexico
Philadelphia, Pa
Level Contributor
159 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: teens and golfers

I just stayed at the Iberostar Del Mar 2 weeks ago. there were some teens there. The resort is huge since there is currently 4 and soon to be 5 hotels within the complex. They have a shopping center that is shared by all the hotels which has a teen club and shopping and food in it. The reosrt also has it's own golf course on the site. It is not too expensive either. The Lindo and Maya share a pool and it has a wave pool and lazy river in it which i am sure the kids would love. They star friends are always doing many activities around the pool and the kids would have fun with it all. The beach has kayaks and banana boat rides you can take. they can run around the resort and be safe since it's a gated area with guards. While I was there I thought of my sister and her kids. They would love the place. Great place for families. they also have a free shuttle that goes into Playa every hour. You can go there for shopping or to try eating somewhere there. Only 15 min drive.

Mentioned in this post
IBEROSTAR Paraiso Del Mar
IBEROSTAR Paraiso Del Mar
5,035 Reviews
Playa Paraiso, Mexico
Maya Tulum Resort
Maya Tulum Resort
410 Reviews
Tulum, Mexico
Philadelphia, Pa
Level Contributor
159 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: teens and golfers

If you want to be closer to Playa, then I would suggest the Iberostar Tucan or Quetzel.

Mentioned in this post
Iberostar Tucan Hotel
Iberostar Tucan Hotel
7,006 Reviews
Playa del Carmen, Mexico
Pittsburgh...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Aventuras, Cancun, Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
5,363 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: teens and golfers

Playacar Palace----The golfers can golf at the Playacar course or Moon Palace course. It is AI, great food and service, beautiful pools and rooms, nice beach and you can walk to the shops in Playa. Also, there are unlimited free tours included with your stay and a great spa. You can also visit and use all of the other Palace Resorts (spa, restaurants, pools, golf courses, etc) when you stay here. Playacar Palace sounds perfect for you. Go to palaceresorts.com and check it out.

Mentioned in this post
Playacar Palace
Playacar Palace
274 Reviews
Playa del Carmen, Mexico
Moon Palace Cancun
Moon Palace Cancun
24,645 Reviews
Cancun, Mexico
Pittsburgh...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
5,363 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: teens and golfers

Playacar Palace---Also has Beach volleyball, fitness center, Tennis courts, swim up bar, daily activities, evening entertainment for the whole family, supervised kids club, table games, 24 hr. room service, large double jacuzzis (sooo relaxing) in every room and every room has a balcony.

Mentioned in this post
Playacar Palace
Playacar Palace
274 Reviews
Playa del Carmen, Mexico
Merida, Yucatan
Level Contributor
136 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: teens and golfers

Playacar Course: Very difficult, great landscaping, challenging. $120-$140 USD

Moon Palace: Great 27 holes, Nicklaus design, excellent shape. $250 USD

Iberostar Course: Short hilly course, very nice. $110-140 USD

Camaleon at Mayakoba: Excellent course, Greg Norman design, great shape...a little bit hard. $230.00 USD

Mentioned in this post
Playacar Palace
Playacar Palace
274 Reviews
Playa del Carmen, Mexico
Moon Palace Cancun
Moon Palace Cancun
24,645 Reviews
Cancun, Mexico
Rosewood Mayakoba
Rosewood Mayakoba
1,881 Reviews
Playa del Carmen, Mexico
Locust Grove...
Level Contributor
1,887 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: teens and golfers

I'm a Palace Resorts member with a free unlimited golf membership. Email me for info if you'd like

nanasal2@yahoo.com

Pittsburgh...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
5,363 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: teens and golfers

Yes--If you buy a week from a member with unlimited golf the golfers can golf for free every day (if they want) at Playacar course and Moon Palace Course. Quite a deal! AND you also get lots of perks like free back massage, manicure, pedicure, free airport transfers, unlimited free tours and other discounts.

Mentioned in this post
Playacar Palace
Playacar Palace
274 Reviews
Playa del Carmen, Mexico
Moon Palace Cancun
Moon Palace Cancun
24,645 Reviews
Cancun, Mexico
9. Re: teens and golfers

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:23 am, August 17, 2009