We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Occidental- Staying at Royal Hideaway, can I visit the rest?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Denver, CO
Level Contributor
761 posts
56 reviews
Save Topic
Occidental- Staying at Royal Hideaway, can I visit the rest?

Hello,

If we stay at the Royal Hideaway, can we visit the other Occidental Resorts? If so, how faw away are the others?

Thanks,

Nicole

Mentioned in this post
Royal Hideaway Playacar
Royal Hideaway Playacar
5,026 Reviews
Playa del Carmen, Mexico
Erie, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Playa Paraiso
Level Contributor
4,147 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Occidental- Staying at Royal Hideaway, can I visit the rest?

The Allegro is right next door and you can get a pass to go over there. Watch out for the timeshare sales at Allegro!

The Occidental Grand Flamenco Xcaret is about 15"(by car) away and I don't know if you can go there or not. If you email Diana at RH she can probably give you that info.

We've been to RH 3 times and absolutely love it. I'm guessing from your name that you are from Denver. I live near/work in Boulder and you should know that those of us that live at altitude have a much greater tolerance for alcohol in PDC!

Mentioned in this post
Hotel Xcaret Mexico
Hotel Xcaret Mexico
1,208 Reviews
Playa del Carmen, Mexico
Denver
Denver
Colorado
Denver, CO
Level Contributor
761 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Occidental- Staying at Royal Hideaway, can I visit the rest?

actran - Hello there. Yes, we're in Denver! We're trying to plan a destination wedding. I want to stay at a nice adults or couples only all inclusive resort for the wedding. Problem is, our brothers and sisters have kids so it seems this could be a good solution. Half the party can stay at the Royal Hideaway and those with kids can stay at Allegro. We can have the wedding at the Hideaway and get a sitters for the kids. We'll be able to visit the Allegro too...but it sounds liek we're not missing anything there.Do you have any other suggestions?

Mentioned in this post
Denver
Denver
Colorado
Royal Hideaway Playacar
Royal Hideaway Playacar
5,026 Reviews
Playa del Carmen, Mexico
Erie, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Playa Paraiso
Level Contributor
4,147 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Occidental- Staying at Royal Hideaway, can I visit the rest?

Those guests staying at Allegro will be sooo jealous of those that get to stay at Royal Hideaway.

Will you and your honey be spending any time at RH alone? The beach dinner is really nice for a special occasion. I don't know how many will be at your wedding, but if it's not too many, the wine room at Ventanna's is nice for a group dinner.

Some people do a wedding at a family resort and then their honeymoon at Royal Hideaway.

Mentioned in this post
Royal Hideaway Playacar
Royal Hideaway Playacar
5,026 Reviews
Playa del Carmen, Mexico
Denver, CO
Level Contributor
761 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Occidental- Staying at Royal Hideaway, can I visit the rest?

Thanks for your feedback. After reading more about the Allegro I don't know if I have the best plan. Seems the Allegro is very packed, loud, and VERY different from RH. I will feel bad having people with families at a hotel that is not nearly as nice as the RH. I was thinking about staying at an Iberostar resort for 4 days for the wedding and then transfereing to the RH for 7 days for the honeymoon. Seems the Iberostar resorts are the nicests resort that allow kids.

Erie, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Playa Paraiso
Level Contributor
4,147 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Occidental- Staying at Royal Hideaway, can I visit the rest?

I have heard great thiings about the Iberostars. If you stay at the big complex north of PDC there are 4 different hotels, each a little nicer than the other (I think it goes Beach, Del Mar, Lindo, Maya). That gives your guests options as far a $ goes. The higher your level of hotel, the more of the "lesser" hotels facilities you can use. I think they are also building an adults only hotel there, but don't know when that's opening.

On playa.info there is a trip report from a woman who had her wedding at the Iberostar Tucan - which is in PDC, and then they had their honeymoon at Royal Hideaway.

Good luck with your plans.

Mentioned in this post
Maya Tulum Resort
Maya Tulum Resort
410 Reviews
Tulum, Mexico
Iberostar Tucan Hotel
Iberostar Tucan Hotel
7,007 Reviews
Playa del Carmen, Mexico
Royal Hideaway Playacar
Royal Hideaway Playacar
5,026 Reviews
Playa del Carmen, Mexico
Denver, CO
Level Contributor
761 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Occidental- Staying at Royal Hideaway, can I visit the rest?

Great - thanks so much for the information. I think we'll have to go with that route. I do not liek the reviews I have read about Allegro... I do not want peole with kids to have only one option so Iberostar will work perfectly.

Thanks you!!!

Connecticut
Level Contributor
1,754 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Occidental- Staying at Royal Hideaway, can I visit the rest?

Denvergirl.....

what actran stated is accurate. IB also has a new chapel, and you have many options to choose for your wedding location. There is a wedding Gazebo at IB Del Mar. At the IB Lindo/Maya they set up the wedding over the main pool. I have pics if you'd like, just leave your email and I will forward them to you. If you are interested in IB you should check out their forum. http://www.iberostar-board.com/

I have to tell you if some of your guests stay at RH and some at some at Allegro the ones at Allegro will feel very slighted. These resorts are at two opposites of the spectrum.

Mentioned in this post
Maya Tulum Resort
Maya Tulum Resort
410 Reviews
Tulum, Mexico
Denver, CO
Level Contributor
761 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Occidental- Staying at Royal Hideaway, can I visit the rest?

SunLover - thanks so much for your feedback. I would love to see the area for wedding ceremonies. My e-mail address is baconnic@yahoo.com

CT
Level Contributor
2,135 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Occidental- Staying at Royal Hideaway, can I visit the rest?

Read the wedding reviews for IB Lindo and Maya. I would guess that you would please everyone with a wedding at that location.

Mentioned in this post
Maya Tulum Resort
Maya Tulum Resort
410 Reviews
Tulum, Mexico
10. Re: Occidental- Staying at Royal Hideaway, can I visit the rest?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:17 am, August 17, 2009