We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Out of town or in??

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Playa del Carmen hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Vancouver
Level Contributor
43 posts
2 reviews
Out of town or in??

This is our first trip to Playa del Carmen. We're puzzling over renting a great condo out of town or getting a more moderate hotel right in PDC. We are seniors and not keen on the rental car thing but we welcome any suggestions from seasoned travellers.

Vancouver
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Quintana Roo, Puerto Morelos
Level Contributor
38,011 posts
1. Re: Out of town or in??

Hi Neighbour.

I would stay close to / in Playa for the 1st time

But you didn't give much for your criteria

You can get condos in PM, Akumal, Tulum, PA and be very close to stores and restaurants in these small towns

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
13,471 posts
124 reviews
2. Re: Out of town or in??

It depends on what kind of vacation you want. Will you find yourself enjoying hanging at the condo, or will you find yourself going in to town everyday anyways looking for something to do? Personally, we love staying in town. Everything is there, just steps away-dining, shopping and the beach.

Great Smoky...
Destination Expert
for Playa del Carmen
Level Contributor
2,068 posts
115 reviews
3. Re: Out of town or in??

I have to agree with Sundog saying "I would stay close to / in Playa for the 1st time." I don't stay on the beach anymore, finding it more of a local experience being in Centro (4 blocks from beach) and the savings allows me to stay for 3 weeks instead of one. There are quite a selection of condos on the beach, in Centro and off Constituyentes at fair prices.

Check out vrbo.com or my fav is homeaway.com for options.

Study your maps, try youtube for videos of what places look like and whatever you do - Have A Blast!

4. Re: Out of town or in??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, August 18, 2015