We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

IB Lindo fashion ?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Playa del Carmen hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
CT
Level Contributor
2,120 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
IB Lindo fashion ?

For those of you who have vacationed at the Lindo or Maya...what type of evening dress did the women wear? I know the men have to wear long pants but I'm wondering if it is a casual place or a more dressy place for dinner?

The first year I went to the Sandos I packed a little of everything but it was very casual i.e. sundresses and flip flops. Just wondering if the Lindo is more dressy or not or it varies...

Philadelphia, Pa
Level Contributor
159 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: IB Lindo fashion ?

I am staying at iberostar next week myself for the first time. I have stayed at Secrets in the past and I believe all the hotels are all pretty much the same. People there wore sundresses, skirts or nice pants/capris. I myself am packing 3 skirts and 2 capris. It is really more casual than you would think. Some people just wear a denim shirt and tank top. My BF also got away with wearing shorts every night. Nice ones of course. They never refused him or kicked him out. Guess it all depends on the hostess.

MI
Level Contributor
515 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: IB Lindo fashion ?

We were at the Lindo last year and I was able to wear skorts with a dressy v-nceck tshirt for the a la carte dinners. Hubby wore khakis and a polo. Next time, I'm making hubby bring a dressy pair of golf shorts and see if can wear the golf shorts with a polo, as I imagine that would be ok.

CT
Level Contributor
2,120 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: IB Lindo fashion ?

Thanks! I just ordered 2 pair of Merrell sandals (they are simply the most comfortable I've ever worn) so I'll match them I think. :)

4. Re: IB Lindo fashion ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:15 am, August 17, 2009