We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cancun night club tour

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
573 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Cancun night club tour

My wife and I intend on going to Coco Bongo and a couple of other clubs.

Last time we were in Playa we had heard of a few diferent ways to go.

1/ We could take a cab and go on our own but we heard because it is so buisy, you could wait forever for a drink.

2/ Go with the entertainment staff from the resort.

3/ Take one of the tour company trips. I know this is the most expensive method but I also hear that with this group you have access to a special VIP lounge and the tour co. staff actually gets drinks for you.

Has anyone done the tour???

Does any of this sound accurate??

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Rich

UK
Level Contributor
440 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cancun night club tour

Hi I've never been but am flying out to Playa Del Carmen on Sunday. I emailed my hotel to enquire about the Party Hopper Tour. The reply said 50$ (although I've read on other sites that its 60$ it may depend where you book from) but I don't think it's a bad price considering you get transport there and back (so you're not having to pay for a taxi) and from what I've read on the net you get a access to a VIP balcony at Coco Bongos and its an open bar for 7 hours so you're not paying for anydrinks too....although I have read it is difficult to get served even if you are with this trip.. Apparently tipping goes a long way to ensure you get served...

I'm wanting to do this next Tuesday as it's my 21st and think this would be the most memorable night ever!

Coco Bongos looks amazing! Like nothing we have over here in the UK...

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
573 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cancun night club tour

Missixty

Congrats on your 21st.

We arrive on Friday and were thinking of going on Saturday.

We are staying at the Barcelo Maya.

Where are you staying and how many in your group??

central Calif
Level Contributor
1,035 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Cancun night club tour

Missixty are you sure that it is a tour from Playa to Cancun and not the one that just tours bars in Playa?

UK
Level Contributor
440 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cancun night club tour

Staying at the Occidental Allegro Playacar, we are both 21 (or I will be!) and it's just me and my boyfriend! If you decide to do the trip more than once maybe we will see you, as if money permits I am hoping to go twice.

Yes I'm sure it the right trip. I emailed the hotel saying that I wanted to go to Coco Bongos during my trip but was unsure if the Party Hopper picks up and drops off from Playa Del Carmen as it's in Cancun. They replied:

"Talking about the Party Hooper tour, yes, we make it, just contact to the Activities Staff in order to make an arragement, but anyway, the cost per person it is 55usd, it icludes 3 different discotheques, transfer from the hotel to Cancun + from Cancún to here, and open Bar."

However should there be any problem I'm hoping to convince some other people to come with us so we can share the cost of a taxi! Nothing is gonna stop me going Coco Bongos! lol this is the closest I'll ever be to it (unless I go Cancun one year obviously lol)...

Not long to go now!

Alberta, Canada
Level Contributor
297 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cancun night club tour

Is the actual name Party Hopper tour?Do they have set bars or can you choose them?Do they offer this tour at all the large resorts in the Mayan Riviera? I have been to Cancun many times and Coco Bongo is a must every time. Since I am going to PDC area this time, I have to take the tour to get there. For those of you who have not been to Coco Bongo, it will blow your mind. Any help to ensure I get on a tour there would be greatly appreciated.

Coco Bongo addict.

UK
Level Contributor
440 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cancun night club tour

I asked the guy at the hotel about the Party Hopper Tour and that's what he replied and the Party Hopper does go to the Coco Bongo club...so unless there is crossed wires somewhere along the line then it should be fine! Maybe you should email your hotel to check? Ours were very helpful...

If not though I think its 30$ for a taxi which obv makes it a bit more of an expensive night out but hey your on hol and from what I hear it would be worth it! And if you can get four ppl to share the cost of the taxi it's not too bad!

Think should be fine doing the Party Hopper Tour though! Let's hope so! No better way to celebrate my 21st than there!

7. Re: Cancun night club tour

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:15 pm, August 16, 2009