We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

PDC in February

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Save Topic
PDC in February

Hi all!

A group of 4 girls is heading to the Playa Del Carmen area for February...the resort we originally looked at is full (the Catalonia Yucutan). Does anyone have any resort suggestions? Most of the reviews im reading suggest they are more family oriented. We are not crazy partiers, but we don't want to stand out like a sore thumb if we're drinking and dancing. We will probably spend most evenings in PDC anyways. Any ideas I'd love to hear them!

Thanks,

-Laura Lee

Scottsdale, Arizona
Level Contributor
1,252 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: PDC in February

Are you looking for and A/I? If so I have stayed at both the Riu Playacar and Yucatan and enjoyed both, they are not adult only but they were not over run with children by any means., we (three adults ) had a great time. If an A/I is'nt your thing check out Playa Maya (on the beach), Luna Blue, La Tortuga (both of these near the beach). I will be staying at Playa Maya in Dec and it gets great reviews.

Save Reply
2. Re: PDC in February

Yes we are looking for an AI. We looked at thE Rui Playacar but if I can remember correctly it was a bit out of our price range. We don't want to spend more than $2000 canadian for spring break week.

Winston-Salem, NC
Level Contributor
255 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: PDC in February

I'm headin' down to PDC in February as well....staying at the Playacar Palace. Check out its reviews.

Connecticut
Level Contributor
649 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: PDC in February

Check out the Shangri-La in Playa Del Carmen. if you go to www dot mexicoholiday dot com, you can pull up the site, photos, rates. It is close enough to the city, but also quiet enough for relaxing. There are two pools, and well, you will see. Great place & not over-priced. Food is good! Good luck!

Save Reply
5. Re: PDC in February

thanks will do!

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
805 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: PDC in February

Staying in the Riu Family of resorts gives you some options. We stay at the Riu Tequila and save quite a bit over the Riu Yucatan and the Riu Playacar. The best part is that you can use both the Yucatan and the Playacar while staying at the Tequila. They are right across the cobblestone street from each other. If you want to save even more, check out the prices for Riu Lupita. It is a little further away from the main Rius, however, you still have access to the Yucatan, the Playacar, and the Tequila.

Good luck in your decision.

7. Re: PDC in February

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:26 am, August 15, 2009