We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Question about beach and hotel

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
46 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Question about beach and hotel

I'm planning a trio with my mom the last week of June to Playa del Carmen. I'm looking for a hotel beachfront preferably all inclusive . Which hotel has the nicest beach area? I was looking at The Royal Playa del Carmen but read somewhere that the beach area is not as nice there :/ if you can please help me out with some good options I would appreciate it!!! Thanks

Nova Scotia, Canada
Level Contributor
94 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Question about beach and hotel

Sandos Playacar has a fantastic beach

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
143 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Question about beach and hotel

I second Sandos Playacar. That strip of beach is great. No rocks and turquoise waters. The hotel is very nice as well.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
3,124 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Question about beach and hotel

Any of the ai's located in Playacar have great beaches. Look at either of the Riu Palaces. Playacar is a gated community next to Playa. The Royal is located right in Playa but not a great beach. Riu's are within walking distance 20 to 30 minutes or $7 US taxi to 5th avenue.

Vancouver
Level Contributor
1,630 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Question about beach and hotel

I agree, Playacar has the best beaches! Lots of resorts in Playacar to choose from.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
143 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Question about beach and hotel

Qbnprincess1 what are you looking for in a resort other than a great beach? There are lots of resorts along that Playacar strip. Maybe we can help narrow down your search?

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
46 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Question about beach and hotel

Actually decided on September :) I'm looking for a Sandy calm beach swimmable clean :) AI has well and somewhat nice hotel and good food :) I know I ask for a lot :) I heard Valentin resort is good?

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
143 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Question about beach and hotel

Price range?

Playa del Carmen...
Destination Expert
for Playa del Carmen
Level Contributor
9,228 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Question about beach and hotel

Well you're going to stand a FAR better chance of successfully predicting in late August how the beach will be at any given location in September than of doing so about the beach at any given location in June. :-)

Playa del Carmen...
Level Contributor
5,001 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Question about beach and hotel

We stay at the Royal and are beach people...to us the beach is great here. Easy to swim and accessible to everything. If you want to be on the resort all the time the VIM is for you. Playacar or the Royal give you way more flexibility by foot to leave the resort whenever you want. We have been to the Royal 10+ times. Beautiful rooms,adults only,amazing service with a perfect location and excellent a la carte dining with no reservations.One small buffet which we never use.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
46 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Question about beach and hotel

Which Royal? I noticed there a couple of them?