We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Info on Tucan/Quetzal for our honeymoon

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
England
6 posts
Save Topic
Info on Tucan/Quetzal for our honeymoon

Hi, my soon to be husband and i fly out to Tucan/Quetzal on the 20th August for 2 weeks for our honeymoon. Just wondered if there is anything we should know. I've read suggestions such as booking in at the restaurants on the day of arrival to avoid not getting a reservation but i was wondering if there is anything else. Also does anyone recommend any day trips, i've read good and bad. Any information would be very much appreciated.

This is our first trip to Mexico.

Mentioned in this post
Mexico
Mexico
North America
WInnipeg, Manitoba
Level Contributor
57 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Info on Tucan/Quetzal for our honeymoon

My husband and I will be staying at the TUcan?Quetzal this winter - our first time at that particular resort, but fourth year in a row to the playacar area. I can't give you any suggestions regarding the resort itself, but in terms of day trips, we loved Xel -Ha. We went 2 years in a row. It's nice for snorkelling (not too deep, if you're not experienced), there's the lazy river where you can float dwon river, there are cliffs to jump off, and many places to just sit in the sun. There is also swimming with dolphins if interested, and many other activities. If you go, I'd get the all inclusive package - it includes meals, drinks, towels, a locker, snorkelling equipment rental etc. It's a nice way to spned the day! Enjoy your honeymoon!

Mentioned in this post
Xel-Ha
Xel-Ha
15,987 Reviews
Riviera Maya, Mexico
central Calif
Level Contributor
1,035 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Info on Tucan/Quetzal for our honeymoon

Congrats on your new life. You don't really need to make all your reservations the day you get there, just make them as soon as you can usually 1 or 2 days out is okay. Xel ha is very nice if you want to snorkel. You might contact Edventour Tours for a day trip.

Web site...........http://www.edventuretours.com.mx/Home/eng/

E-mail...............edventure68@hotmail.com

Have a wonderful honeymoon!

Wilson, Wyoming
Level Contributor
340 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Info on Tucan/Quetzal for our honeymoon

Check in with Gustavos, the Olympus tour rep... He's in the lobby on the Tucan side by the Tequila shop. He was very helpful with arranging our tours and transportation to/from any excursions. Just maybe skip the Catamaya catamaran trip.

4. Re: Info on Tucan/Quetzal for our honeymoon

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:19 am, August 13, 2009