We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What kind of beer is served?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Playa del Carmen hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
803 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
What kind of beer is served?

Okay, beer drinkers will understand this question. Our choices are often limited, so here is the question: What kind of beer is available on tap and in bottles at IBEROSTAR PARAISO DEL MAR, RIU YUCATAN, VIVA AZTECA, and EL DORADO RESORT?

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,890 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What kind of beer is served?

I always drank Modelo Negra (Dark) at the Del Mar.

Lancaster, PA
Level Contributor
2,955 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What kind of beer is served?

XXX and I think it was called Superior (dark) in the mini bar. XXX on tap

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
127 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What kind of beer is served?

Viva resorts have only Dos Equis on tap. The in room fridge had Samuel Adams and Dos Equis bottles.

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
803 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What kind of beer is served?

Have any beer drinkers visited the Riu Yucatan or El Dorado?

from Pa. live in NJ
Level Contributor
228 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What kind of beer is served?

I would love to know the answer to this question, especially the del-mar which is where we are staying. My husband is picky about his beer. Thanks

Lancaster, PA
Level Contributor
2,955 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What kind of beer is served?

If your husband is picky about his beer then I suggest he drink mixed drinks while at the Del Mar because the beer is not top shelf by anymeans.

Minneapolis
Level Contributor
42 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: What kind of beer is served?

Can any American Brands of beer be found in this area? I know when we were in Mazatlan a few years ago it was scarce but then one night we came upon a Western style bar where they served Bud Light (not our first choice but anything but all of the Mexican domestic brands was good to see). Any recommendations on American Beer sightings in the Playa Del Carmen area? We are looking to book our vacation and my husband is very picky about his beer also. We are looking to do a non-AI vacation for this reason since most of the AI resorts have the not so great beer choices.

THANKS!

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
803 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: What kind of beer is served?

I was just hoping to learn a type of beer served. American beer is not a priority.

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
3,602 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: What kind of beer is served?

From 1 beer lover to another:

The Riu Palaces only had Corona. . That was it, take it or leave it.

You usually do not get bottles because of the no glass by the pool thing. Little plastic cups out by the pool.

Bottles of Corona were in the mini fridge in the rooms.

When we went into town, we brought back Bud Light and put it in the mini fridge. You will need an iced up cooler to take it to the beach. Otherwise it it only Corona. Also, pack beer huggers., they fit the pool plastic cups perfectly.

I don't understand why they have EVERY kind of high end alcohol you can imagine, but I beer.

Ice machines are in the halls by the rooms.

I'd pack a small soft side cooler next time we stay here.

Mpls.,Minnesota
Level Contributor
20 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: What kind of beer is served?

Debbie, Where in town did you find Bud Light?

zoeg, I have been to PDC 4 times last year and always stayed on the beach near town. I never had any american beer any where we went. It was always Corona or Sol.