We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Viva Wyndham Azteca, Or Viva Wyndham Maya

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Minnesota
Level Contributor
57 posts
Save Topic
Viva Wyndham Azteca, Or Viva Wyndham Maya

Thoughts on the differences between these two? Price is only about 50 dollars different.

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
11,308 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Viva Wyndham Azteca, Or Viva Wyndham Maya

I have not been there recently but do keep up on reports. I would go with Azteca. A bit more upscale.

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
7,540 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Viva Wyndham Azteca, Or Viva Wyndham Maya

Do both resorts have balconies?

Mississauga, Canada
Level Contributor
70 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Viva Wyndham Azteca, Or Viva Wyndham Maya

Bump

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
11,308 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Viva Wyndham Azteca, Or Viva Wyndham Maya

I know the Azteca does. The VM was so unremarkable I can't remember.

Shreveport...
Level Contributor
1,341 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Viva Wyndham Azteca, Or Viva Wyndham Maya

Id pass on both of these if it's within your budget. They're the cheapest AI's in the area for a reason.

Look at Iberostar or the Rius. Same beach and way better food and accommodations for a little more $.

Mansfield, Texas
Level Contributor
687 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Viva Wyndham Azteca, Or Viva Wyndham Maya

When are you going? If it's after June, I'll be happy to let you know. Staying at the Azteca mid-June. We chose the Azteca over the Maya just because we like the smaller resorts and we can use both. They are not far from each other and we will certainly spend some time at both.

Minnesota
Level Contributor
57 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Viva Wyndham Azteca, Or Viva Wyndham Maya

Thank you!!

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
182 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Viva Wyndham Azteca, Or Viva Wyndham Maya

We recently stayed at Azteca and really enjoyed it. We went over to the Maya one afternoon for a walk on the beach and had dinner one evening at the Mexican restaurant there. We had a room with a balcony overlooking the beach area and ocean, room 1203. It is small in comparison, but the beach is incredible, much nicer than one of the posher resorts located between Azteca and Maya, I forget which one, but the beach was a mess with debris everywhere. The food was good, not fantastic and some restaurants better than others. The service was excellent. I would go back.

9. Re: Viva Wyndham Azteca, Or Viva Wyndham Maya

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:23 am, March 16, 2015