We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Coffee & breakfast

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Racine, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
2 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Best Coffee & breakfast

Where's the beat place to get a good cup of coffee and breakfast in playa del Carmen?

St Paul, MN
Destination Expert
for Playa del Carmen
Level Contributor
12,776 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Coffee & breakfast

I'd vote for Imprevist as the best breakfast in Playa. La Cuevo del Chango is a close second. But I do like my omelets on the beach at the Fusion Hotel with that view of the sea. But the huevos motuleños on the beach at Hotel Playa Maya are awfully good, toes in the sand and again that beautiful view. Almost everyone gets their coffee roasted by the little Old Italian lady, and it's excellent. We Old people have to stick together:-)

Racine, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
2 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Coffee & breakfast

Thanks for your wonderful reply! . . . But where do you get coffee roasted by the little Old Italian lady?

St Paul, MN
Destination Expert
for Playa del Carmen
Level Contributor
12,776 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Coffee & breakfast

You don't. She roasts coffee commercially. She also will do a special blend for the restaurant. When Russell ran Carboncitos restaurant, he had the worst coffee in town. I, the lone haranguer, take credit for him finding and using the Old Italian lady. Now Carboncitos has wonderful coffee. Look up Russel at his new restaurant in Playa called Don Chendo on 30th Avenue. He may be able to help you. Don Chendo is the first Italian restaurant on 30th Avenue in Playa. What his Mexican neighbors must feel.

Canada
Level Contributor
5,325 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best Coffee & breakfast

Serena is who OT3 is talking about (I think).

Boxha boc coffee 984-206-2149

Open 'till noon on week days,

west of the highway on Calle18 Norte before 60th Ave Nte

I have had LOTS of bad coffee here, her's is the best!

Why don't restaurants here provide free refills? $$

Edited: 3:21 pm, February 25, 2014
St Paul, MN
Destination Expert
for Playa del Carmen
Level Contributor
12,776 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best Coffee & breakfast

Serena? I'm old, and can't remember:-) Ask Russell. I have never paid for the 2nd cup of coffee in Playa. Where are you going for coffee TDG? I know you love to get off the beaten track. Maybe I get the Sr discount. Boxha rings a bell, and that is the approximate area I remember where they roast the coffee.

Edited: 4:19 pm, February 25, 2014
Playa del Carmen
Level Contributor
50 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best Coffee & breakfast

OT3 I figure I would give you a little heads up, the first thing we did when Russ left was change the coffee, it was literally the second day.....I just had to, I am a coffee nut & we have a nice strong bold cup of Joe, in addition we probably serve one of the best breakfasts in town....I guess you will have to come back and give us a try.

And thank you for your many recommendations

Steven

Hotel Cielo / Carboncitos.

United States
Level Contributor
9,601 posts
223 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best Coffee & breakfast

This is easy. Imprevist is my favorite restaurant for breakfast. Sit on the sidewalk and enjoy the very best Playa provides.

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
7,706 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best Coffee & breakfast

I saw folks at Imprevist at 7:30 am. As an early coffee junkie I walked up to 5th, a few short blocks from Imprevist and Starbux and AhCocao both availble btw 7-7:30. Ah Cocoao good and fast. $3.20 Americano Grande.

St Paul, MN
Destination Expert
for Playa del Carmen
Level Contributor
12,776 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Best Coffee & breakfast

That coffee Russell made with chicory was just the worst. He said it was what the Mayans originally drank. I can see why their culture declined :-) And here I thought it was me who got Russell to change. Thanks for getting the real coffee Steve. We've always enjoy spending time at Carboncitos, a value restaurant in Playa, great food at reasonable (inexpensive) prices.

Puerto Aventuras...
Level Contributor
105 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Best Coffee & breakfast

Imprevist has the best breakfast around! The price includes everything (food, beverage, coffee, and great service). We find ourselves going there a couple times a week sometimes. Beautiful table setting and great ambiance. Did I mention the service is exemplary. Enjoy!