We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2 nights in Playa

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
13 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
2 nights in Playa

As part of a larger trip, we only have 2 nights to spend in Playa. We have 2 kids 10 and 6. Love nice beaches and last time we were there the kids fell in love with the parades and scene on 5th avenue. We've never been to Playacar area and were intrigued by that as well. But for only 2 nights, what hotel would you recommend? Budget not really an issue on this one

Thanks

Mentioned in this post
Playacar Palace
Playacar Palace
274 Reviews
Playa del Carmen, Mexico
Newport House Playa del Carmen
Newport House Playa del Carmen
#2 of 218 hotels in Playa del Carmen
Petit Lafitte
Petit Lafitte
#6 of 218 hotels in Playa del Carmen
Fairmont Mayakoba
Fairmont Mayakoba
#9 of 218 hotels in Playa del Carmen
St Paul, MN
Destination Expert
for Playa del Carmen
Level Contributor
13,145 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 2 nights in Playa

Playa Maya www.playa-maya.com and a full breakfast included. But you will have to get lucky, 3 night minimum stay is usually required. They have a nice family suite for some extra elbow room.

Condohotels has quite a few 2 bedroom condos. If you really have no budget problem than focus on El Taj Oceanside. Your kids will love the heated swimming pools. Even though they are condos it is run like a hotel. www.condohotelsplayadelcarmen.com http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1aqyfjf_lIs

Quite a few places in Playa require a 3 night minimum stay.

Edited: 10:16 am, February 06, 2014
Mentioned in this post
Playa Maya
Playa Maya
674 Reviews
Playa del Carmen, Mexico
Huntsville, Alabama
Level Contributor
5,697 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 2 nights in Playa

We are also staying in PDC for 2 nights at the beginning of our next trip. With Playa Maya they may offer some shorter stays but you have to wait until close to your trip to confirm...I am not willing to do that as I am a consummate planner. :-) Hotel Cielo was able to book and confirm a room for us for two nights for our Aug/Sept trip. They do have a family room so you may want to check them out. There is no pool at Hotel Cielo but they are close to the beach (not ON the beach).

Mentioned in this post
Playa Maya
Playa Maya
674 Reviews
Playa del Carmen, Mexico
Hotel Cielo
Hotel Cielo
904 Reviews
Playa del Carmen, Mexico
Playa del Carmen...
Destination Expert
for Playa del Carmen
Level Contributor
9,043 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: 2 nights in Playa

"With Playa Maya they may offer some shorter stays but you have to wait until close to your trip to confirm...I am not willing to do that as I am a consummate planner"

Ha. :-)

Just to clarify, however, we don't require people to wait until close to their stays to confirm. We're happy to confirm a stay for just a night or 2 smack in the middle of the Christmas holiday season right now, if we already have an opening for such a stay that has developed between other bookings. (And in that case, it will be listed on our site.)

I believe what you're thinking of is that short stay openings may only present themselves in the first place after a fair number of bookings for the period in question have been confirmed, which may not take place until the dates are closer.

So really it's as OT3 said (about many places): you sort of have to get lucky with respect to your precise dates and unit type needs or preferences and what happens to be available at a given properly.

Steve @ PM

Mentioned in this post
Playa Maya
Playa Maya
674 Reviews
Playa del Carmen, Mexico
Huntsville, Alabama
Level Contributor
5,697 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 2 nights in Playa

Thanks for the clarification Steve and sorry if I mis-represented! :-) You just didn't have any confirmed shorter stays for when we wanted to come and I didn't want to wait around as I am one of those that likes to get all things booked when we decide to go (yes, I am an admitted control freak when it comes to travel)! Heck, I even know where we are going to stay for our next trip to Ireland in April 2015 (not booked yet because they won't until about a year out) but you can bet that it will be booked asap in early May this year! :-)

Playa del Carmen...
Destination Expert
for Playa del Carmen
Level Contributor
9,043 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: 2 nights in Playa

Oh no worries! Just wanted to clarify on that point. I think you were looking for August, for example, and that's a good example of a period with fewer bookings as of yet. Memorial Day Weekend, by contrast, is a good example of one where the bookings are piling up enough that we already have a couple listed. So those could be booked even though the time period in question is 3-4 mos away. I imagine many places take a similar approach, though if they don't have a minimum in the first place, of course it wouldn't be relevant.

6. Re: 2 nights in Playa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, February 08, 2015