We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

sandos playacar vs cancun hotels

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Toms River, New...
Level Contributor
35 posts
66 reviews
Save Topic
sandos playacar vs cancun hotels

I just booked sandos playacar. I have never been to playacar/ Riviera maya. I have stayed at crown paradise cancun and royal solaris cancun. has anyone stayed at sandos playacar and 1 of these? thanks

Danville, California
Level Contributor
1,468 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: sandos playacar vs cancun hotels

We are going back to sandos playacar for our 6th time first week in July. We love this resort! Amazing beach along this stretch of playacar.

Edited: 10:36 pm, January 28, 2014
Toms River, New...
Level Contributor
35 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: sandos playacar vs cancun hotels

Better than cancun? Whats the best part of Sandos? Any tips for a family of 5 ? Thanks brian

Toms River, New...
Level Contributor
35 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: sandos playacar vs cancun hotels

Better than cancun? Whats the best part of Sandos? Any tips for a family of 5 ? Thanks brian

Toms River, New...
Level Contributor
35 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: sandos playacar vs cancun hotels

And what tranfer did u use?

Edited: 11:05 pm, January 28, 2014
Danville, California
Level Contributor
1,468 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: sandos playacar vs cancun hotels

So many great things about this resort. I think your family will really enjoy it.lots of activities and the beach is beautiful. Last resort on the strip and everything to the south of sandos is undeveloped beach and jungle. When are you going and what section are you staying in?

Danville, California
Level Contributor
1,468 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: sandos playacar vs cancun hotels

Sandos also has a great facebook page with lots of great info and pictures.

Toms River, New...
Level Contributor
35 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: sandos playacar vs cancun hotels

I had to get 2 rooms. (Originally going with 6 people) so i got 1 room in beach section. 1 room is riviera jr suite. I can change rooms. What section do you recommend?

Danville, California
Level Contributor
1,468 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: sandos playacar vs cancun hotels

Well we travel without children so we love the adult only section. The family riviera section has nicer and bigger rooms but is farther away from the beach. Its all in what your looking for.

Dartmouth, Canada
Level Contributor
1,181 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: sandos playacar vs cancun hotels

-just trying to understand the room types and where they are located...

So the select club junior suite is the Adults only section, right? And this is the farthest area away from the beach?

The 'standard' rooms are the ones that are closer to the beach?

Are the rooms in the 'junior suite Riviera section', and the 'junior suite hacienda' section, both near the center of the resort? Is there much difference in these rooms?

Danville, California
Level Contributor
1,468 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: sandos playacar vs cancun hotels

The hacienda Jr suites are in the middle of the resort. They are like small villas with 10 rooms . Each block of rooms has there own small pool and hot tub and all of them have been recently remodeled. They are beautiful and expensive. The riviera section also has a family section and yes it is the farthest from the beach but only about a 8 minute very pleasant walk.