We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Secrets Excellence Riviera Cancun= WE ARE HERE NOW

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Canada
Level Contributor
111 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Secrets Excellence Riviera Cancun= WE ARE HERE NOW

I wont post again until we get back.... but anyone travelling in the next weeks... relax... get excited and prepare for a wondeful trip. They are FABULOUS. All the services are open and everyone is amazing. The service is excellent. Request a room in one of the 3 7000 block rooms, these are ocean front.

Everything is absolutely perfect. We have stayed at Sandles, Beaches and Breezes in the past througout the Carribean and by far the service and beauty of the place is nicer than our past travels. YOU WILL NOT BE DISSAPOINTED!!!!!!

Will post more and answer questions upon our return on Sunday.

Richmond, VA
Level Contributor
369 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Secrets Excellence Riviera Cancun= WE ARE HERE NOW

Oh great...I can't wait to see your posting. Please take pictures if you can!!! Let us know if the rooms are luxurious and whether the bed is soft or extra firm. How is the concierge? The room service? Especially what is the beach like? How are the pools? I know you are going to cover all of this, but just was hoping this will help answer some questions...I am trying to decide where to go on my honeymoon and we are looking at:

Secrets Excellence - Rivera Maya

Royal Hideaway

Sandals Antigua

Sandals Regency St. Lucia

Sandals Grande St. Lucia

Suggestions appreciated!!

Thanks,

Heather

Kingsville, ON...
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Secrets Excellence Riviera Cancun= WE ARE HERE NOW

What wonderful news!! We are headed there for our Honeymoon Nov. 17th to the 24th!! Sounds like everything will be perfect for our stay ...Thanks so much for posting & we look forward to all the details upon your return!!

Mike & Kim

Broome County
8 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Secrets Excellence Riviera Cancun= WE ARE HERE NOW

Heather,

We are going to Secrets Excellence starting on November 25, 2004. I, also, am dying to hear the responses to your questions.

I recently stayed at the Sandal Regency and visited the Grand. Lots of honeymooners and couples actually getting married at the Regency. We got a great deal and when we arrived we upgraded to the one bedroom suites on the bluff which were probably the nicest rooms we have ever had in our travels. It was a very romantic vacation but you do need to be able-bodied to fully enjoy the bluff. There are vans but we found walking was more convenient. Great service, absolutely no tipping even though we tried. The gourmet restaurant was not great but the others were very good. The beach is a small alcove, very quiet and peaceful. Alot of people at the pool. We usually prefer a long beach to run and walk on but this was an exception. We got plenty of excercise walking and they allow you to run on their 9-hole golf course. The snorkeling etc. is included and they bring you into town to get on a nice boat to go out for the trip. Your also can go to the other resorts and eat and use their facilities.

We've stayed at Secrets Capri. It is a smaller more intimate resort which we really enjoyed. Walking and running on the beach were great. You could go for as far as your legs could travel. We had a lovely walk out room to the pool and beach. We would order room service for a sunrise breakfast on the beach. It was wonderful. It was very, very quiet which we liked. Not really a party location. They attempted to accomodate any of our requests.

We recently stayed at the Riu Palace in Cancun. The resort was wonderful. For individuals interested in getting off the resort it is a great location. Another very long and beautiful beach. You can walk the beach to one of their resorts which is about a mile to two away and dine. Also, a top pick with us.

Congratulations and let me know if you need any additional information. Another location we love is Punta Cana.

Bella

Mentioned in this post
Cancun
Cancun
Quintana Roo, Mexico
Punta Cana
Punta Cana
Dominican Republic
J_W
Colorado, CO
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Secrets Excellence Riviera Cancun= WE ARE HERE NOW

I'm so excited to start reading the reviews about Secrets Excellence Riviera Cancun! I'm going at the end of December to get married and for my honeymoon and I love the thought of staying at a new resort and just wanted to make sure that things are running smooth!

Could you also describe the room layout? We'll be in an ocean front junior suite with a terrace. Are the rooms large? Is it pretty much just one room or is the bathroom a separate part with its own privacy? And yes, would definitely like to know about the beds, as well.

Thanks so much!

Baltimore, MD
Level Contributor
40 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Secrets Excellence Riviera Cancun= WE ARE HERE NOW

J/W - I posted lots of pics look at forum post Secrets Excellence - Pics Link. I had the same room.

Lauren

Baltimore

Mentioned in this post
Baltimore
Baltimore
Maryland
Newark, DE
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Secrets Excellence Riviera Cancun= WE ARE HERE NOW

Thanks for the information. We are headed there the first week in November! Can't wait! What are the swim out rooms like?

Elk Grove, CA
Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Secrets Excellence Riviera Cancun= WE ARE HERE NOW

Do they put rose petals on your bed daily or was this for a special occasion?

Houston, TX
Level Contributor
39 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Secrets Excellence Riviera Cancun= WE ARE HERE NOW

Can't wait for your review and photos! We are scheduled to go for our 15 year anniversary on November 20th, and have been nervous about whether or not we made the right decision. We stayed at the Riu Palace in Playacar two years ago, and are hoping that this resort can even top that one...... especially the food. Very interested in hearing about the beach and the water at this location. Thanks for the info!

Carla

Houston, TX

Mentioned in this post
Houston
Houston
Texas Gulf Coast, TX
Richmond, VA
Level Contributor
369 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Secrets Excellence Riviera Cancun= WE ARE HERE NOW

At this point I think it comes down to Royal Hideaway or Secrets Excellence for our honeymon...has anyone recently visited Secrets also gone to Royal Hideaway previously and can say which is more the honeymoon atmosphere and also, which one has the best beach, which has the best food, rooms, staff, night life, and tropical "feel."

Thanks,

Heather

Canada
Level Contributor
111 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Secrets Excellence Riviera Cancun= WE ARE HERE NOW

Ok... It's raining out on our last day, so I thought i would post a bit more info for those of you that are travelling soon....

1) The rooms are large and spacious, we had a center room in one of the 7000 series buildings giving us an ocean view. These are a bit larger than the others, and provided a TON of space. We had 2 tubs, both which worked exactly the same and were just like at home... easy to use with no worries! The patio for us was large and provided us with a table, a couch a chair and two pool chaise lounges with padded cushions and new towels placed at deawn every day. We also had a hamock. We were a swimout suite.

2) The consierge was wonderful... around in seconds whenever we called for him, but never hovering.

3) You are supplied with a green (clean room please) and red (Do not distrub) key card for your door... they worked like a charm and we never had a problem... if you were worried, there are deadbolts on the doors as well, so there is no concern with unwanted guests.

4) Our aironditioning ran even with the doors slightly open.... we always came back to a nice cool room.

5) The bathroom is large with double sinks that you can see from the bed area... the toilet is in a private area with a heavy door, as is the MASSIVE marble shower... no need to be worried.

6) Drinks are good, and the service at the beach and the pool is quick and coutreous...we never waited for drinks longer than a couple of minutes.

7) the food is great... especially the French and the Fine Italian restaurants

8) The beds are hard if you are used to a soft mattress... they are SEALY, so they are good beds, but they are firm. You can ask for a matress pad or different pillows if you need... I am a pillow person, and found the 4 they supplied in the room to be nice and comfy!

9) There is nightlife each night... but the resort is still not at 100% capacity, so like anywhere, if it isnt busy you may be partying by yourself!

10) The resort is fully operational, with nothing to worry about. YES there are people still fixing things, or changing the look of certain areas (adding extra throw cushions on couches, putting up extra stencil details) but really, I have seen the same activity at many of the other resorts I have stayed at that had been open for years. There are a TON of pool and beach chairs, there are sufficient floats.... they clean the pool each morning, and new towels are rolled and placed on every chair, so there are no towel cards etc.