We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Questions about Royal PDC

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Playa del Carmen hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
PA
Level Contributor
794 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Questions about Royal PDC

I booked a royal suite garden as we travel a lot and never in our rm and don't always need ov rooms but always seem to get upgrade no charge 😃 but my question is should we upgrade to next level it doesn't seem they upgrade for free at this resort and seems to be you get placed over at the construction side as we don't want that can we email the resort now and upgrade before getting there if so does anyone have there direct email thanks in advance we leave the 16 th for a 20 25 and 50 th anniversary can't wAit but not looking forward to the smell on the beach is the water on to go in?

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
1,959 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Questions about Royal PDC

Hi,

We also stayed in a standard room when we vacationed at The Royal in Feb. We stayed in room 333, Coba bldg and it was perfect! You have a view of the garden and pool area plus a view of the sea from the balcony. This is a middle room so it has a large covered balcony and a hammock. Outside of the room, there is a lobby area with sofas and a big table. We ordered room service (nachos, wine, chicken fingers) to this location with friends after one busy afternoon. It was great. This room has been recommended to us by prior RPDC travellers and they were spot on. A couple of weeks before our arrival, I had emailed Chief Concierge Licia Marchetti with my location request and to our delight, it was granted. Another good thing about the Coba bldg, is that you're on the opposite side of the resort where the construction is currently taking place. If I can find the email address that I used, I'll be more than happy to pass it along.

Happy planning!

Evansville, Indiana
Level Contributor
51 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Questions about Royal PDC

We are here right now they are doing some kind of construction above us and is all we here is bang bang bang.... I'm about too loose it in a bad way on some one, my advice call ahead and make sure you don't have this going on above you every morning at 9am specially if u have a short temper :-)

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
3,006 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Questions about Royal PDC

@skylar

I would just ask to be moved to a different room and explain the noise is unacceptable. It's low season and there are plenty of rooms available, I am sure. RPDC is VERY good at wanting to make you happy, any extra requests we have ever made in both our visits we granted to the best of their ability. They really do aim to please! Don't go crazy, lol, just ask to be moved ! Hope you get a new room or at least some quiet !! Enjoy !

Edited: 10:35 am, October 03, 2013
MA
Level Contributor
501 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Questions about Royal PDC

I believe as long as you don't book the bottom category you can pick your room online 48 hours prior to arrival. If you are worried about it, it might be worth it to upgrade ahead of time so that you know where your room is located. I love that they do this!

Evansville, Indiana
Level Contributor
51 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Questions about Royal PDC

You would think a place of this magnitude would have knowledge of what was going on at the resort and notice hey there in room 392 lets let the know there wrong on the roof every day at 9am. But nope they sure didn't. The power went out a total of 6 times ....it went out sat at 7 am thank god we where awak or would of missed our shuttle to the airport

Playa del Carmen...
Level Contributor
5,001 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Questions about Royal PDC

It sure is easy to complain after the fact...had you showed your dissatisfaction when it happened you would have been moved in a heartbeat and possibly upgraded for the inconvenience.

Huntsville, Alabama
Level Contributor
5,201 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Questions about Royal PDC

They would probably also think that quite a few people (like DH and I) do not sleep in that late on vacation, heck, we are up by 7 each day, so construction starting at 9 would not be a big deal to us at all. However, as others have said, you would have been good to mention it while at the resort and to give them the opportunity to fix the issue.

Regarding the power going out, well, to be honest, I never trust hotel clocks and really find it amazing that some do. I used to travel a ton for work and a lot of overseas hotels have odd clock settings. I always have my own and if, for some reason that did not work, I would ask for a wake up call (heck, I usually did that anyway if it was for a departure day). Now most people have cell phones that have alarm features which are very handy when traveling (and no, you would not incur any phone charges using such).

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
3,646 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Questions about Royal PDC

I've never seen RPDC upgrade for free so if you want oceanview over standard junion suites it will probably be a good idea to upgrade now, I'm not sure how much the resort charges to do so but it was less than $20/night extra when we booked our trip there earlier this year.

Also, if you get to the resort and aren't happy llike others have said make sure you tell them. When we were there we got a call the 1st full day asking us if we were happy with our room & if we weren't they offered to pack us up and move us while we had lunch. We loved our room so all was well but they're definitely willing to do whatever it takes to keep/make you happy.

9. Re: Questions about Royal PDC

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:21 am, October 09, 2014